December 2013 Weddings
Options

To Kid or not to Kid??

Will you be having an adult only affair or a kid friendly one? We are having a hard time deciding

Re: To Kid or not to Kid??

• Options
    Tnt082013Tnt082013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    We had a hard time with the decision too. We decided to do an adult only reception and the only kids who will be at th wedding are the kids in the wedding party. Then there will be someone to keep an eye on them as well.
  • Options
    Kid friendly for us. If there several family members with young children we likely would go kid-free.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are having a kid-friendly wedding.  Since we are having a brunch, and I have a four year old little boy, it made sense for us.  I think kids are fun at weddings, too!  :)  Also, our venue gives a (much) lower per person cost for kids.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No kids. We can have max 100 guests and we are at that limit without kids on that list. It would add at least 20 more. lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing kid friendly since my F has a 9 yr old.  My entire family is coming from all over the world with a total of 12 kids that will be just from family.  I have cute coloring placemats and activity books for them.  I also found checkers and tick-tac-toe games for a game table for adults and kids. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kid friendly for sure. too many people forget that weddings are supposed to be celebrations with family and friends and kids are a part of that. They have fun and what's the harm?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_to-kid-or-not-to-kid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:c74b700e-c38c-470b-9b31-19e4c2d4fc8ePost:60dd5b1e-61d8-44d9-8abf-f0606de59914">Re: To Kid or not to Kid??</a>:
    [QUOTE]kid friendly for sure. too many people forget that weddings are supposed to be celebrations with family and friends and kids are a part of that. They have fun and what's the harm?
    Posted by shaunajos[/QUOTE]

<div>I think sometimes you want the parents to have a great time without having to keep an eye on the kids all the time.

My F has a five-year-old (will be six) son, so he's going to be there, and possibly a flower girl, but that's about it.  We'll try to organize a babysitting space for my out of town friends who have children.</div>
  • Options
    I understand that you are wanting to make sure everyone one is included but I think it's truly dependent on how many kids you are talking about inviting. I have a guest list of about 200 people. Mostly family and about 20 friends. I personally come from a family with ALOT of young kids so it would have just created a crazy time at my reception. Cutting out kids narrowed our guest list by about 45 or so. The kids are more than welcome at the ceremony but it will be an adult only reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards