Snarky Brides

Chels

Did you ever get the situation with your grandma's money firgured out? 
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Chels

• Eh not really.  I brought it up to my dad in a "well that sucks that happened to brother" kinda way and he got all stammery about it.  But he also had the right answers ready to the questions I asked, so idk.

The part that weirds me out now is the amount Dad claims is left.  The money was supposed to be equally divided amongst us kids.  When I got mine, 1/3 was $2,300.  Now apparently each of my brothers only has $1,100.  Even risky investments don't lose half their value ina year and a half right?

Blegh IDK.  One of my uncles who could maybe have the ability to find out is my godfather.  He's a great guy and doesn't stand up to BS.  But I have a feeling he will tell me to go straight to my dad. My dad is so full of himself that if I even truly confront him, it will somehow be my fault (it was last time I confronted him).

I wish I knew what to do.

Thank you so much for checking up on it though! That's really sweet of you!
  • Chels- That sucks and I'm sorry you're in that position. I have no idea about investments but from what you said, it seems like maybe he could have used a little bit of it. I feel bad for your brother too. That's a shame he can't use it.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chels-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c5cbdccd-376c-4be2-aef8-e97bb55f6e4bPost:be2a93b4-b0a9-46bc-8134-4e7ba4959860">Re: Chels</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels- That sucks and I'm sorry you're in that position. I have no idea about investments but from what you said, it seems like maybe he could have used a little bit of it. I feel bad for your brother too. That's a shame he can't use it.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Edward Jones is who it's through. I researched their education savings accts.. there is one with the list of valid schools, however you can still pull money out of it if it's not a valid school, you just pay taxes/fees on it. Dad is trying to say it's not even an option, which is crap.
  • I totally understand why you wouldn't want to get in the middle but why doesn't your brother ask your grandma?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chels-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c5cbdccd-376c-4be2-aef8-e97bb55f6e4bPost:6458251a-a625-4d97-95e9-477a41cf29b4">Re: Chels</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally understand why you wouldn't want to get in the middle but why doesn't your brother ask your grandma?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Grandma signed over her financial rights to dad and my uncles last year.  All the information she knows is coming straight from my dad anyway b/c dad is now in control of all of it.  She could literally call Edward Jones today and ask for the information but they couldn't give it to her because she signed her rights away
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards