November 2012 Weddings
Options

I'm sorry, but I dont want you to be my MOH or BM....

Okay, so in middle school my best friend at the time and I made a pact that we would be each others MOH's. Well, we stayed best friends through middle school and freshman year of highschool, then started to grow apart. I was "growing up" and she seemed to be stuck in middle school. We continued separating and are now both 23 and talk sometimes through text, and maybe once or twice a year will get together for lunch because she asks me and I feel obligated because I feel so bad. She brings up the "pact" and I try to change the subject, but she tries to go right back into it. How am I going to tell her not only do I not want her to be my MOH, but not even a BM? Is that too harsh?! I just feel like this middle school BF and I are not on the same page in life and arent even close friends anymore. I have other girls in mind such as my sister, cousin, and two girls who are my best friends and have been for a while now. Of course, im not choosing anyone for a while, which some people may think maybe I will become best friends with this girl again...but I know deep down that I wont. She is now stuck in her fantasy high school years with no job and ive graduated college, working, and engaged to get married. She is still playing Disney video games while im worrying about if I can pay my rent this month. What do you do and what do you say?

Re: I'm sorry, but I dont want you to be my MOH or BM....

• Options

AlomostMrsStrong is right, it's just putting off confrontation... You can only put it off for so long. She seems pretty persistant if she's still trying to be around you more and more often. It doesn't seem like you brushing her off with an " I'm Busy " excuse is going to make her go away. If you really do not want to hang out with this girl at all just let her know that. It will save both of you time and effort.. Some friendships are not life long friendships and she needs to know this is the case with this friendship. As hard as it may seem to let her know that it will make things easier in the long run. You have a wedding to plan, you don't need extra things to worry about. Just think of what you want and think of a nice way to say it to her. I wouldn't keep postponing it. Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards