Favors

Hand Sanitizer Wedding favors?

I like the idea of doing bath and body works hand sanitzer favors. Read on another forum that some people thought it was rude, and basically a guest would think the giver thought they were dirty, and other people liked it. 

Here is my idea. Bottle of sanitzer, in a cellophane bag, tied with a personalized ribbon with a tag saying "in sickness and in health" 

I just think its a cute idea, I love their hand sanitizer, as do the women in my fiances family as well as mine. They have a mens scent for the men.

So if you were a guest and recieved this as a gift, what would you think? Would you be offended or think oh thats cute, and store it away for later?

Re: Hand Sanitizer Wedding favors?

• I don't think I'd be offended, but I'd probably think you were a germophobe.

I keep hand sanitizer for when I go to restaurants after I'm done with the menu and beore I eat and for when I'm done grocery shopping. I watched a special on TV showing me how nasty shopping carts and restaurants are and I haven't gotten over it.  I offer if anyone wants it at my table and they never do.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • In Response to Re:Hand Sanitizer Wedding favors?:[QUOTE]I like the idea of doing bath and body works hand sanitzer favors. Read on another forum that some people thought it was rude, and basically a guest would think the giver thought they were dirty, and other people liked it.nbsp;Here is my idea. Bottle of sanitzer, in a cellophane bag, tied with a personalized ribbonnbsp;with a tag saying "in sickness and in health"nbsp;I just think its a cute idea, I love their hand sanitizer, as do the women in my fiances family as well as mine. They have a mens scent for the men. So if you were a guest and recieved this as a gift, what would you think? Would you be offended or think oh thats cute, and store it away for later? Posted by BrookeJon[/QUOTE]

I think you can include a couple of these in a bathroom basket. But I think it would seem odd as a favor.
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I wouldn't be offended, and also I wouldn't think it's "cute".

Pretty sure if I found a bottle of hand sanitizer waiting at my placesetting, I would just say "Umm, Okay, whatever" and toss it in my purse. DH would definitely just leave his behind.

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_hand-sanitizer-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:011f2006-030e-44a3-8c0e-e5e5abda3294Post:a90320fa-5842-477a-9b77-d2e3c6319b95">Re: Hand Sanitizer Wedding favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't be offended, and also I wouldn't think it's "cute". Pretty sure if I found a bottle of hand sanitizer waiting at my placesetting, I would just say "Umm, Okay, whatever" and toss it in my purse. DH would definitely just leave his behind.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

<div>This. I use hand sanitizer like once a month, if that. </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    Their scents are way too strong for me and everyone has a different taste in scents.  When I use regular alcoholy smelling sanitizer it goes away pretty quickly.  When I use B&B I can smell it an hour later and I don't care for that.  Fragrances make my DH physically ill and it would be awful for someone like him to be in a room with different scents of hand sanitizer floating around.  I have to remind all 4 of our girls to skip perfume before they come over for a visit.  That has gone pretty bad a couple of times...

I would rethink this.  The favor isn't something YOU like, it is something for your guests.  I would just skip the favors if you don't want to go edible.
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I think this is just too weird and random for a wedding favor.  Take the money you would have spent on this and upgrade the bar or the food.
  • If you do this, I'd suggest a display somewhere in baskets with the scents labeled, and maybe have some regular, unscented ones.  I would prefer this to a monogrammed knick-knack; it would go in my purse, and I would use it.  But I have strong preferences in scent, so I'd rather have a choice.
  • i'm sorry i don't like this idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • okay thanks for feedback!
  • edited March 2013
    sucks when we think something is awesome and the idea gets deflated so quickly huh? lol. Keeps happening to me. I just figure better to know now than on my wedding day!

cute for a bathroom basket tho!
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Love the idea, and the packageing. You should go for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards