Iowa-Des Moines

Hair/Makeup

Sorry for all the posts but I feel like it's coming down to crunch time and I've got a lot of things to wrap up. I'm looking for recommendations for hair/makeup. I'm having 5 bridesmaids and would like to go somewhere we can all get our hair done together if possible. As far as makeup, I want something natural. I don't wear a ton of makeup anyway and I don't want it to be outrageous on my wedding day. Thanks in advance! 

Re: Hair/Makeup

• Hi, My name is Danielle and I am Co Owner of Beauty of all faces, we specialize in wedding makeup and can travel to your location for your wedding day. Look us up at <a href="http://www.beautyofallfaces.com" rel="nofollow">www.beautyofallfaces.com</a>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_hairmakeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:7d7ab704-b9ae-4c1c-a761-e04013f6bed6Post:9a6a2469-c486-4f77-bc79-1567946deb60">Hair/Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for all the posts but I feel like it's coming down to crunch time and I've got a lot of things to wrap up. I'm looking for recommendations for hair/makeup. I'm having 5 bridesmaids and would like to go somewhere we can all get our hair done together if possible. As far as makeup, I want something natural. I don't wear a ton of makeup anyway and I don't want it to be outrageous on my wedding day. Thanks in advance! 
    Posted by jmorse[/QUOTE]
  • I'm getting my hair and makeup done at the Sage Tree Salon in Johnston - all of my bridesmaids are also getting their hair done there as well - they have the option to get their makeup done if they want to. This is my normal salon - they are an Aveda salon which I like because they use natural products.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Estilo is a great salon to get both done. Unfortunately they were booked for my time when I got married.
    What we ended up doing was going to the Serenity Aveda salon at Jordan Creek mall to get our hair done and then got our makeup done at the Bare Escentuals store. I love Bare Escentuals so I knew I wanted that for my wedding day. Since you said you don't like to wear a lot of makeup that might be a great option for you. It always feels really light and fresh and stays really well throughout the day. Going to Bare Escentuals for a makeup application is free which is great. Of course they want you to buy something but truthfully you'll want to! I sound like a salesperson - I just really love their products. I bought my bridesmaids gift cards to Bare Escentuals so that they could buy something after we got our makeup done and so we didn't feel bad getting our makeup done and not buying anything.
    Hope that helps! Good luck!
  • Go to the Aveda school! It's affordable and FUN!
  • Salon 86 in Urbandale! Me and my six bridesmaids all got done up there before the wedding.
    Jennifer is great with makeup -- she does airbrush makeup that's not going ANYWHERE all day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_hairmakeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:7d7ab704-b9ae-4c1c-a761-e04013f6bed6Post:e8b21515-a5d7-4b19-866c-9733b6a459bf">Re: Hair/Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting my hair and makeup done at the Sage Tree Salon in Johnston - all of my bridesmaids are also getting their hair done there as well - they have the option to get their makeup done if they want to. This is my normal salon - they are an Aveda salon which I like because they use natural products.
    Posted by jodiemariecooksley[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Sage Tree did a fantastic job for my wedding on Saturday!  I opted for air-brushed make-up which made the pictures look great!!  I have never felt so beautiful!  They even had mimosas and chocolate covered strawberries there for us!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards