Getting in Shape

Ripped in 30 Days! Jillian Michaels

Hey guys! I just got Jillian Michaels' dvd Ripped in 30 Days.. and I have to say I'm a little nervous. I tried her 30 day shred and although it wasn't that difficult I was sore afterwards. I never finished 30 day shred but I'm determined to complete Ripped in 30! I have seen a lot of forums and message boards with a bunch of women who have started all around the same time (months ago) and just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone was thinking of starting this dvd or something similar anytime soon! I would love to have someone to suffer with/motivate me!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ripped in 30 Days! Jillian Michaels

• I got one of her 30 day programs in my stocking at christmas and was planning on starting it Monday - I think it's the 30 day shred - and I did ask for it on my list of things so no one was mean and like here is a workout DVD haha. My mom and sil had great results with it and I'm really looking to tone up the next few months because I'm basically at my weight goal! Anyways if your interested in starting the DVD Monday - I'm also doing the valentines day challenge on this board to keep me motivated to do it which starts the first. Scroll down a few and you'll see a link where everyone listed their goals for between the first and valentines day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got Ripped in 30 for Christmas (also asked for it) and am planning on starting it Monday! I am willing to suffer with you :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also willing to suffer. I just got it this week and was planning on starting Monday
  • I just ordered Ripped in 30! Mine will be here on Monday so I can do it with you guys too :)
  • I got the 30ds in my stocking... I technically started it last Monday, but it was killing me and so I planned on taking more than 30 days to do it cuz I want to be able to do it without cheating before i justify switching levels... buuttt then me and an icy parkinglot had a disagreement, so probably wont be doing much this weekend.... So I would be up for starting fresh and suffering along with folks starting monday :)
  • I also got 30 day shred and am starting Monday! I usually just lurk here but need some accountability!
  • The ripped in 30 dvd ROCKs!! I work out pretty hard core and can push myself without motivation, but Jillian can still make me curse like a trucker haha
    I have seen awesome results by added these workouts to my other weekly routines (spin class, circuit training and yoga - try her yoga dvd too.. it's AMAZING!!)

Good Luck Ladies|!!!

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I got the 30 day shred and No more trouble zones. They look like an intense workout, but I am ready to do them! Can't wait to start, I plan on starting them this week. The weather isn't the greatest in PA right now, so it will be a good excuse to get started with some inside workouts!
  • meg65meg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Is anyone doing her diet plan? I do WW, so I haven't checked it out

Also: I finished Day 1 of week 1, and MAN. I sat on the couch for a little while to rest, and when I got up to go upstairs to take a shower, my legs were so shaky! What an intense workout!!

Does anyone else find Jillian really annoying?

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • edited January 2012
    I used to think she was really annoying but then I realized how freakin awesome her workouts are and how much she knows her stuff! I have mad respect for someone who promotes healthy fitness and eating without gimmics. She doesn't candy coat anything - you know you have to work for it and it's so worth it.
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_ripped-30-days-jillian-michaels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:f6120cfd-cffd-4cde-8af7-9f1b04b4dd1fPost:d0656698-93da-4739-af27-9f89e905a96b">Re: Ripped in 30 Days! Jillian Michaels</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used to think she was really annoying but then I realized how freakin awesome her workouts are and how much she knows her stuff! I have mad respect for someone who promotes healthy fitness and eating without gimmics. She doesn't candy coat anything - you know you have to work for it and it's so worth it.
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

<div>I definitely think she's legit about fitness, I just don't get why she has to be so obnoxious about it. There's a line in Ripped like "why are we going to do it this way? Because it's MY dvd and I say so!" </div><div>
    </div><div>We get it, Jillian, you're a badass, you push people. My eyeballs get a great workout when I do her DVDs because I roll them so often.</div>
  • Just finished my first workout of the 30 day shred and I'm still shaking a bit! It was an awesome workout!! I even found myself being able to do better jump ropes at the end of the workout! I can't wait to do it again tomorrow! Jillian definitely knows how to push you!!!!
  • I just got her Shed and Shred DVD and am looking forward to starting it.  I'm such a Biggest Loser fan so I'm super excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards