Georgia-Atlanta

Honeymooning in GA-need advice

Hey girls.  We will be heading down your way for our HM in April.  We're spending a few days in Charleston, a few days in Savannah, and a couple more in Atlanta.  I've had some recs of things to do...but what about hotels?  We would like something that's close to a lot of the touristy stuff but I've never been there, so I want to make sure we're in a good area.  We would like something that's nice but not too expensive and that has free garage parking available. 

Also, any restaurant recs would be great too!

TIA!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Honeymooning in GA-need advice

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Hey there April Knottie! What are you guys thinking in terms of a hotel? Ritzy/fancy or more budget like a Best Western?

Go to the Sundial! It's a (slowly) revolving restaurant at the top of the Peachtree Plaza hotel (one of the city's tallest buildings). You get an awesome panoramic view of the city! Dinner is kind of pricy but lunch is not bad, and if it's daylight you can see more of the city. I kind of like going at night to see all of the lights! If you get there around 5:30 and stay til 7 or 8, you get both! 

If you are into plays, check out the Shakespeare Tavern. Good food too! It's like a dinner and a show thing, but they do lunch too I believe. 

There is also the World of Coke, the GA Aquarium, Stone Mountain (Civil War History)
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Oh yeah, the Sundial is really cool, but be prepared, they are expensive. The aquarium is really nice....they just added the dolphin exhibit, and the World of Coke is next door, literally. I would say visit the Vortex for lunch or dinner. It was featured on Man vs. Food and is AMAZING.
  • I would advise getting an Atlanta City Pass. It's $70 per adult, and gives you admission to:
    The GA Aquarium (Largest in the world, according to their website)
    World of Coca Cola 
    Inside CNN Studio Tour
    High Museum of Art OR Fernbank Museum of Natural History
    Zoo Atlanta OR Atlanta History Center

My FI is visiting in 12 days (EEEEK! = D ) and we're going to be purchasing one of these. He hasn't been to ANY of those places yet! 
  • Thanks for the advice so far, ladies.  For hotels, we want something in between super ritzy and budget.  We want to stay somewhere nice, but not break the bank.  We splurged on our lodging in Charleston and Savannah, so we were hoping to not go as crazy in Altanta.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• We had our wedding at the Emory Conference Center. It's not downtown, but it's in the "somewhere in between" category and it's a close to drive to everything. www.emoryconferencecenter.com
    As for restaurants, I really like the One Midtown Kitchen, Two Urban Licks restaurant group restaurants. http://www.concentricsrestaurants.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards