Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Guest List

My FMIL insists on inviting all of her friends to a shower that my aunt is graciously hosting by herself in her home.  She says that her friends won't come, but she wants them to be included.  My aunt has already sent out the invitations.  Please help!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridal Shower Guest List

• KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would give her two or three guests that she can invite.  My MIL did the same thing and wanted to invite one of her friends that I had only met once in pretty much passing.  We sent an invite to her and she declined.  We also invited this same friend to our wedding at MIL's request and she declined that as well.  I really don't get why people do that.  

Sorry, I added my own mini rant in there.  I would give her just a couple invites and let her choose who is important to her to come.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • MisheyldMisheyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto to PP.  Just give her a few invitations to send out. (Hopefully "all of her friends" is like 3 or 4 and not 20.)  I really think that it's easier to keep the peace in this situation.

• edited December 2011
    I agree with all PP. 

I'd just tell her that you want to keep it small and intimate and that your aunt can only accommodate so many people.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards