Indiana
Options

Non-member Church Ceremony

Does anyone in the fort wayne area know of a church who is willing to let us use their facility for our wedding ceremony this june? My Fiance is catholic, I am not all that religious. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Non-member Church Ceremony

• Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually Catholic churches require you to be a member to allow you to use their facility.  Also, Catholic priests usually require you to go through Pre Cana, or counseling, for them to perform the ceremony.
  • Options
    We have this same dilema.  I am catholic and my fiance is not religous.  We have been rejected by several churches.  What I'm finding is if you are not a member or affiliated with a member then they will not allow you to rent/use their church.  We met with one and the paster flat out told us "this is why we have country clubs"...meaning my fiance was not welcome by their church.  Its down right horrible!  I wish you luck.  The advice I got is that methodist churches are more open to outsiders than most others.
  • Options
    Fort Wayne Baptist

You don't have to be a member or even religious. You can use their pastor or your own. They have to approve the person if you want to use your own, but we didn't have any problems using hubby's retired pastor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AMPRESSLER21, if you are still lookinf for churches for non-members in Fort Wayne, let me know and I will post a few with the prices. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards