Just Engaged and Proposals

Best Christmas Eve ever!

My family always spends Christmas Eve at my mom's house, since my grandma passed away in 2005.  This Christmas, we exchanged gifts like usual, but my boyfriend kept asking me how many gifts were left under the tree for some reason-- he had eye surgery a few weeks ago to fix a detached retina, and is temporarily totally blind (we've had a rough year).  I couldn't really see how many presents were left under theeh tree, but after a while, my mom came up to us with a gift wrapped in red paper and said that she thought it was for me, but there wasn't a tag on it, so she didn't know who it was from.  I opened it, and by the time I saw that it was a little black box, my boyfriend was already down on one knee.  Since he can't see right now, he asked, "Did you open it yet?"  i told him I had, and he said, "Will you marry me?" 

Also, to make it an even more perfect gift, all of the diamonds in the ring are from my grandm'a engagement ring that my mom had from when she passed away.  They'd had them taken out and put into a new setting for me, and knowing that I'm wearing the same diamonds that represented the love between my grandma and grandpa, and now between my fiance and I, is just overwhelming. 

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas!

Re: Best Christmas Eve ever!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards