Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Bad photography vendors.. what would you do?

Hi,

I have a question for you guys.

I got married on August 25th and the photographers that we picked were horrible. We paid them as much as we would pay any professional experienced photographers but they did not do their part. I am still waiting on the photos even though I saw some samples (they were okay). My question is... in the contract they promised they would do bridals but that never happened. Bridals were a part of my wedding package that I chose with them.

Should I tell them that i want to be reimbursed for that amount or ask them to do a photo book for me in replacement? In the contract it clearly states they promised to do bridals.

I know it's going to become a big deal if I come to them with this issue, but I feel like I really got ripped off.

What would you do? 

Re: Bad photography vendors.. what would you do?

• Options
    1. You have only been married about 4 weeks. Some photographers take anwhere from 2-12 weeks to get you your photos back so don't stress how long it's taking. Usually 6-8 weeks is the most common. 

2. I wouldn't say anything until you DO get your photos back. You want to have all that in hand so that they don't screw you over more, if that's what's really going on. 

3. Sometimes Bridals are done after the wedding. Have you contacted them asking about the Bridals at all ? 

4. How miuch would the reimbursement be? When you get your photos back and decide they aren't worth it, I would probably ask for money back... Photo books are somethign you can do for far cheaper elsewhere... And if you really don't like the quality of the photos, don't you think the quality of the photo book would be just as lousy? 
  • Options
    We talked about doing bridals on my wedding day, and they promised me they would get it done with no problems. On the wedding day, they didn't even attempt to do bridals and there was no mention of it.

Bridals were a part of the package, so its probably about $300 that I lost out on.

Photos look OKAY, but not as good as of quality as I hoped, if I paid less I would have been less disappointed. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_bad-photography-vendors-what-would-you-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:cf3db353-03bf-4205-b8ff-31eed875fd24Post:854baefa-da42-4b57-8a07-5b106151a60f">Re: Bad photography vendors.. what would you do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We talked about doing bridals on my wedding day, and they promised me they would get it done with no problems. On the wedding day, they didn't even attempt to do bridals and there was no mention of it. Bridals were a part of the package, so its probably about $300 that I lost out on. Photos look OKAY, but not as good as of quality as I hoped, if I paid less I would have been less disappointed. 
    Posted by ninamyspace[/QUOTE]

Of all the problems with wedding vendors that I see, the most frequent problems tend to lie with the photographers. Bad photos. No photos. Disappearing acts. It's odd. In any event, you have every right to be upset.

First step should be informal - Approach them about the issue. Ask for a discount. Be nice. They might surprise you and give you a discount or offer to take your pics now. If they avoid your calls, send them a letter via fax with confirmation, stating that you've tried calling them and haven't heard and you'd like a discount. If still no response, your last option is to sue them in small claims.

Always be pleasant. You catch more flies with honey AND the court might want to see record of your request for cooperation from them. Any unprofessional behavior will not make the judge happy. Good luck!
    Unfortunate yet necessary disclaimer: This communication may be considered attorney advertising. No attorney client relationship has been formed. The use of any content provided on this site and your provision or submission of any information while using this site will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. The content of this site is provided solely for informational purposes: it is not intended as and does not constitute legal advice. The information contained herein should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for consultation with legal, accounting, tax, career and/or other professional advisors - Christie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards