Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Vendors for King Cake instead of Wedding Cake?

We don't really like cake, and we are thinking of doing a pretty stacked King Cake instead. I've seen this in photos as a groom's cake.

Does anyone know a baker that does this--and better yet, would be willing to do this for our AUGUST wedding reception?

I love Sucre's king cakes, but they are no longer doing weddings.

Thanks!

Re: Vendors for King Cake instead of Wedding Cake?

• Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haydel's does king cakes

I like randazzo's better

Nonnarandazzos.com or https://www.randazzokingcake.com

they have two different stores. I would just check into them. They say they make king cake year round.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Cake Cafe has really nice owners and I love their apple and goat cheese king cake... a king cake with a little fancier twist! I haven't called them yet about doing anything for a wedding but I am planning to.

http://www.nolacakes.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are doing a king cake for a groom's cake. It will be 4 different ones (tiered)...they can do all of the different fillings (or none). Haydel's had the best prices, and I personally like theirs more than Randazzos.

Good luck!

• Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our groom's cake was from Haydel's & it was to die for! Someone asked me today where we got it from!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait, Sucre is no longer doing weddings?? We were there less than 2 weeks ago and asked about cakes for my sister's wedding. They said we needed to make an appointment at the wedding studio to discuss. hhhmmm.
    I bought my husband a King Cake while we were there. It was a true work of art - absolutely gorgeous. Hubs said it was the best one he's ever, ever had (and we live near Navarre's in Springfield...one of the best cakes ever).
  • Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sucre is doing weddings they are charging for tastings and are just taking only a certain amount each month.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info!

I guess I'm misinformed about Sucre--thats GREAT news!  Yes, the Sucre king cakes are works of art and are totally amazing tasting.  I'll give them a call and see what they can do!

You guys are great.  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haydel's king cake is goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.!!!!! and they will work with you!!! (can't you tell we are going with haydel's!? Lol!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One cool thing about Haydels king cake is that they will make one that is three tiered separated by columns... it looks pretty cool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards