Rhode Island

Beach Pictures?

So I have a question for pictures.   By fiancé and I are from New York, and are getting married at Kinney Bungalow on August 21, a Sunday.  We are doing pictures before the ceremony so that we can enjoy our wedding and cocktail hour.  We would really like to get some beach pictures, but aren’t sure where it would be possible given how crowded the beaches are in RI.  We’re looking to do pictures between like 3-4 pm.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christine

Re: Beach Pictures?

• i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Christine!
    I am getting married down in Narragansett Area as well. My thoughts are that you go to Hazard Rock... which will get you the "beach" photos without the crowd.
    Also, If you head to Narragansett Beach around 4 pm, I would think most people are starting to leave. I would go to the end towards the Dunes Club so that it is less crowded and just find a spot there.

Finally, I just heard someone talk about "rome" beach. I have not been but its off rt. 1A. I know this is a new spot that was just gifted to RI from National Grid. Although I heard its a bit of  a walk to the water and I don't know if its through the woods which you probably won't want to do, or if its a paved pathway.

My other thoughts would be to head towards the streets behind Spain where there are lots of public access inlets to the water that will allow you to get some pictures.

Your photographer will probably have some other ideas as well.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, you don't want to attempt Rome Point in a dress. It's about a mile hike in. Gorgeous, though! It actually was donated 10 years ago now, if you can believe that. Time flies! Here's a story about it from my former newspaper, written in 2003: http://www.neindependent.com/articles/2003/07/16/local/astory.txt

I'd also check out Rose Nulman Park on Ocean Road, near the Point Judith Lighthouse. You wouldn't be standing on sand, but it's a gorgeous backdrop. It offers 700 feet of open shoreline and a 270-degree view that includes Block Island.
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Emma428Emma428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beach potos are a must : )  Let me suggest Plum Beach. You will get shots of the lighthouse and Jamestown bridge. I spent my summers there my whole life and even considered my nuptuials there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards