Snarky Brides

S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I...

*had a different screen name.
*posted about my immigration vow renewal right off the bat.
*thought Cew and Nebb were the coolest people ever. This one's still true.

Now you go.

Re: S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I...

• **was a know it all brat.

** was hated by M&M and basically the whole SB.

** loved Cew for being nice to me when no one else would.

** learned to lurk to hard way because it was a time when newbs were snacks for the regs.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • *thought B was an old married hag (seriously). But now I realize she's just a married hag. Not old. :)
  • *Had NEVER been to a wedding or knew nothing about them
    *Had been engaged a whopping 2 days lol
    *No offense but figured with how close everyone was you guys would end up being like that psycho soccer mom/ desp. housewife to be group , which I don't think anymore you guys are awesome! I had also never been on a public board before TK- minus WoW but that doesn't count lol
  • • Had a different SN

• Thought Cew, Nebb and B were the scariest people on all the internets

• Cared more about disagreeing with people or people disagreeing with me (as in just taking it more personally).
  • edited December 2010
    -also thought B was a lot older than she actually is
    -was obnoxious and probably just plain bitchy to many
    -got too excited in my responses and didn't take the time to reread them to make sure they 1) made sense and 2) said what I wanted to say without being absurd
    -had no idea what GBCK, DED, or most others meant
    -when I first started posting on SB in general, I was already married

ETA--Any, what was your old SN and why did you change it?
  • My first post was the stereotypical, "BF and I looked at rings, and now OMG ELEVENTY!!!"

OK, it wasn't that bad, but it was bad.
    I posted it on my local, unknowingly and luckily dodging major flaming. 

I probably posted too much info early on.

I got scared when I got into a disagreement within my first few posts on E about animals and my general lack of compassion for wild ones that run in the road.  In reality, it was NBD. Almost 2k posts later, I'm probably still remembered as Elmer Fudd, but I'm cool with it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    * was an ass (see lurker thread)
    * did siggy challenges
    * thought E's 'fff' was the meanest, most drama-inducing thing EVAR
    * lurked a lot and really liked Beatles, Jamiefour, Roxy,  Suninherhead, KatyLady, because they were so nice.

Photobucket
  • -was engaged to someone else.
    -also had a different SN that was lastname2be. Said last name was a very uncommon last name.
    -didn't realize dollar dances were tacky.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • *was deathly afraid of B, Nebb and J&K
    *had no idea what any of TK lingo meant (FMIL, STDs, etc)
    *posted lots of rambling, pointless LJ posts and annoyed everyone (although somedays I don't think much has changed)
    *got a kick out of cew.  And still do.
    panther
  • ...got flamed on WP, and went back to lurking for a while.
    ...posted usually on E or my local.
  • *lurked and possibly posted with a different sn
    *was horribly afraid of Cew, Nebb, KD, and others
    *tried WAY WAY to hard to please
    *was totally confused by the board dynamic
    *only came over here because I knew M&M from my local
    *possibly did a terrible intro post (though maybe I did that on my local. Either way it was my old sn)

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b035aba4-64c9-4425-80af-2690ac833692Post:85f548f2-e6ee-45b9-8bda-3439ae5369f3">Re: S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]-also thought B was a lot older than she actually is -was obnoxious and probably just plain bitchy to many -got too excited in my responses and didn't take the time to reread them to make sure they 1) made sense and 2) said what I wanted to say without being absurd -had no idea what GBCK, DED, or most others meant -when I first started posting on SB in general, I was already married ETA--Any, what was your old SN and why did you change it?
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

It was my WoW toon's name. That's the answer to both of your questions.
  • - Was scared to death of my club board (October '08 was insane yo') in a really intense we had trolls, bsc brides and wars. I only lurked but it was love at first sight for me at Heels and Ricks.

- The Boston board was hopping and the posters there were a mini version of P&E with all sorts of wars, trolls and posting action.

- night nommers confused the shiit out of me

- p2 sigs confused me, Chad's bio was the Bible, anonymous hate blogs of other posters were the rage, Triskit cuddles chickens, ffmaid cracked me up and annoyed the ever living crap out of me at the same time, Jaime was my fav, I thought people with thousands of posts were insane... god there are so many more knot memories I can't even begin to recall right now (yes, I have always had a bad bad knot memory)

- You would not have recognized the board dynamics of P&E. So many people were friends and/or enemies who are now not.

- AFSB. NFT.

- Got flammed for posting about a bm not getting me a gift. It is a really long story about why I could legitimately be mad at her, which I have recounted on here numerous times. But, I still got super flammed in a thread that went 14 pages or so in the old format and made the mistake of not posting pertinent details in the OP which made me SO mad when people called me out for back peddling :) Good times.
  • ...thought Nebb was thebomb.com.  and then she befriended me and I've had little hearts for eyes ever since.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b035aba4-64c9-4425-80af-2690ac833692Post:86fc378c-1d71-4140-90dc-ab743b6a3472">Re: S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]*lurked and possibly posted with a different sn *was horribly afraid of Cew, Nebb, KD, and others *tried WAY WAY to hard to please *was totally confused by the board dynamic *only came over here because <strong>I knew M&M from my local</strong> *possibly did a terrible intro post (though maybe I did that on my local. Either way it was my old sn)
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

Did I ever tell you I was pretty impressed at the way you came over here and started posting without batting an eye after I invited you? I thought it was pretty cool. Now I just love you <3

I wish Shazzie would come back though and I wish JBs would come over. She would fit right in here.
  • Man, where is everyone? I wanna hear about how everyone "began".
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b035aba4-64c9-4425-80af-2690ac833692Post:f8406c17-76e7-47d7-84c0-29454c481130">Re: S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Man, where is everyone? I wanna hear about how everyone "began".
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

I think I started out on my month board. But I didn't post for awhile after I started my account. I lurked mostly on E and SB, then after the wedding last April my month board died and went to The Nest, so I came here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b035aba4-64c9-4425-80af-2690ac833692Post:925be8d4-605b-4daa-aeb8-5faf83cb851c">Re: S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I... : I think I started out on my month board. But I didn't post for awhile after I started my account. I lurked mostly on E and SB, then after the wedding last April my month board died and went to The Nest, so I came here.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

See, I never even thought about going to my month board. I came straight here. I don't even remember how.
  • -I didn't know local or month boards even existed. I thought the regular boards were it!

-I had never heard of a dollar dance, or a honeymoon registry.

-I lurked on SB for a couple weeks? days? (can't remember) but I had a mental list of things not to say unless I wanted to be flamed.

- I was definitely terrified of B, CEW, and Nebb. I thought Nebb was the ringleader around here.

-I never thought I'd make friends with anyone around here. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b035aba4-64c9-4425-80af-2690ac833692Post:bc014204-27ce-40f5-9a45-409bac3a2920">Re: S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I... : Did I ever tell you I was pretty impressed at the way you came over here and started posting without batting an eye after I invited you? I thought it was pretty cool. Now I just love you <3 I wish Shazzie would come back though and I wish JBs would come over. She would fit right in here.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

<div>Aw thank you! You and Shazz were my favs on the Boston board. I couldn't not join you :) I wish Shazzie would join us! I miss her! I miss JB too.. that board is so so quiet. Although- there have been a lot of newbies dropping by...</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • You know, Blue, that whole thing with you is one of the last times I remember having a three board war going on that lasted days and days. We haven't had a real good multiple board stalking blwo out around here in a while! I guess May 11, but that was nothing compared to your saga haha.
  • *I had a different SN

*I had lurked for quite some time and felt like I "knew" everyone and felt bad when everyone just kind of ignored me (which wasn't surprising, considering I was brand new, but not in my head :P)

*I tired to avoid Cew and Nebb because I'd seen them verbally bitchslap people

*I loved AATB because she noticed and welcomed me, much like she still does.  And I still love her.

• I had a different SN

I also wondered how Mery was platinum or gold since our local was boring.

I lurked for a while and was really excited that there was a board that didn't talk about everything WR.

Was excited to be married even though it is not till 2012. Don't get me wrong I am still excited but not OMG I have everything planned because things book really fast where I am from.

B told me I had plenty of time to plan when I asked if I was far behind since girls on my month and local were already planning.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b035aba4-64c9-4425-80af-2690ac833692Post:181eb537-74f5-48e0-8bca-6a5068402269">S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]*had a different screen name. *posted about my<strong> immigration vow renewal</strong>right off the bat. *thought Cew and Nebb were the coolest people ever. This one's still true. Now you go.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Are you married already? I didn't know that.
  • I also agree, Blue, the boards were MUCH meaner in general.... even a year ago.
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    *also had a different screen name.

*despaired of ever keeping everyone's names, avatars and personalities straight.

*lurked on SB before M&M came over as a mod, when it was a vast digital wasteland, and was thoroughly confused as to why it was such a BFD that E regs were suddenly here.

*admired OWN from afar and was surprised that people still perceived her as "new" after several months.

*abused emoticons.  (I still do.)

Also, I have recently realized that I STILL lurk more than I post.  I'm here every day and I skim most threads, but I only post myself I have something worthwhile (or occasionally irreverent />. />) to say. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b035aba4-64c9-4425-80af-2690ac833692Post:bbf77f8d-7a88-4186-9b35-ca3e351c5999">Re: S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I... : Are you married already? I didn't know that.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm waiting on my fiance visa. So I plan to be within the next 3 months. It's just easier for us to do the shebangebang later (one reason being that the visa process will cost us 3k, which is a lot of money for us and 30% of our total wedding budget). There's a whole lot of other reasons I could list, but yeah, that's pretty much the plan.
  • oooh really Celles? What was your first name?

• Ooh, I have one.  When I was relatively new, I was wicked jealous that this new poster named Celles was loved by all the regs.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b035aba4-64c9-4425-80af-2690ac833692Post:110cb1ad-905e-456d-a496-1c576d5017e6">Re: S/O Lurker- When I first started posting I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know, Blue, that whole thing with you is one of the last times I remember having a three board war going on that lasted days and days. We haven't had a real good multiple board stalking blwo out around here in a while! I guess May 11, but that was nothing compared to your saga haha.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I think it was more that since the boards were more active and "mean" (for lack of a better word), it seems that newbs, myself included, were more ballsy.

It was easier to think it was ok to just jump in with attitude because that was what the boards appeared to be at the time.  I dont know if that makes sense, but since everyone was being snarky (ugh, sorry), you just assumed that you should/could be too, and that opened you up to major flames.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards