Texas-Houston

Bridal Portrait Location

Ok...i need help. Originally i was going to get my bridal portraits taken at the Paraiso Maravilla in the Galleria area...but now i'm really not in the mood to pay to use their facilities for the session. So i need to find a new place. I'm thinking somewhere outside like a garden or something. Do you guys have any ideas? My portraits are coming up in like...a month and i need to tell my photographer where i want them to be taken.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Portrait Location

• edited December 2011
    1 - any part of town you're looking for specifically? Will help everyone recommend.

2 - where is your wedding/reception being held? Can you not take them there?

3 - your photog should also have a few recommendations if you can't think of anything.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took mine in Hermann Park.  You can also use Rice University, but you have to pay.
  • KelleeJacksonKelleeJackson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MdniteMustant00- I live in Sugar Land, so preferably somewhere on the southwest side of Houston. The wedding and reception are being held at my church. So there's really not much variety there.

Jobie02- i'll check that out. Thanks. I actually have a friend whose dad works at Rice...so who knows...maybe i can get a discount.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ah, the only place I know of around Sugarland is Oyster Creek Park...but it's pretty busy some days. Definitely ask your photographer if they have any recs. There's tons of parks around town....and if you ask for a garden specifically, you'll get a lot of recs for Helen's Gardens in League City, which in my opinion, is WAY overdone.

If you want to get real technical, you're supposed to have a permit to use Hermann Park also. You can see the question posed on the FAQ page of their website. 

If you google Harris County Parks, you'll find a list of options...

but I'll throw out Varner Hogg Plantation as a rec. It's in West Columbia.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• edited December 2011
    There is also Brazos Bend State park around that side of town
  • edited December 2011
    Just an additional note for you...Rice doesn't give discounts.  I work at Rice and called to see if I could get a discount and was told they charge the set fee for everyone.  I think its like $50.
  • KelleeJacksonKelleeJackson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok thanks! thats one less phone call to make...but $50 isn't bad. I would have had to pay $250 at the other place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sarahinlove24sarahinlove24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call Empire Faces, they do both studio shots for the Bridals and they also take you on location and they have some really cool places outdoors. Plus the beauty team stays with you, so your hair & makeup isn't messed up.  Plus they do airbrush makeup & hair for the session too!  So worth it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards