Wedding Etiquette Forum

Odd/flattering FB message

This just came in my FB inbox from someone I don't know:

My Bride to be and I saw you guys in the ***. First, Congrats. May you both have a long and wonderful life together.
Secondly, She LOVES your gown. We are getting married this coming summer in the Florida Keys. She has been search high and low for the right gown. Could you tell us where you found it?
Thank you so much for any help you could give us.
Peace and happiness, ****

Flattering, but so weird.

Re: Odd/flattering FB message

• I mean I love your dress too, so I can see where it came from. It's exactly what I wanted before I gave up and got what I got.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • I would be flattered.  Your dress is amazing.  It's not something you see all the time.  Are you going to tell him?
  • Aww, that's nice.

I sent a FB message to someone I hadn't talked to in 5 years because I liked a BM dress she wore in a wedding and saw a FB pic of.  Too bad they were $400 Badgley Mishka dresses.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Yeah, of course I'll tell him.  I just find it odd that he would search for me on FB and send me a message. 
  • Aw! I would call it flattering and random. :) Must have made you feel good though, yes?

PS - Shortly after our wedding announcement was published in a local paper, a local realtor FB messaged me offering me real estate advice when I was ready to buy a house. I quickly changed my privacy settings after that.
  • I would just be flattered by that rather than weirded out. Then again, the werid part is that they found you on facebook.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oddflattering-fb-message?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ead608f7-d20a-4d61-95cd-a522f1658ed4Post:ff0630b7-4bb2-4a46-ba21-814f152fb39c">Re: Odd/flattering FB message</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, of course I'll tell him.  I just find it odd that he would search for me on FB and send me a message. 
    Posted by julezlee[/QUOTE]
    I didn't realize he searched for you.  I don't know anything about FB.  I still think it's great.<div>
    </div><div>This probably sounds strange, but I showed FI your married bio because of the great pictures of city hall of in it.  He also said he liked your dress.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oddflattering-fb-message?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ead608f7-d20a-4d61-95cd-a522f1658ed4Post:ed2a4d73-df45-4668-ac95-8789fc455554">Re: Odd/flattering FB message</a>:
    [QUOTE]\PS - Shortly after our wedding announcement was published in a local paper, a local realtor FB messaged me offering me real estate advice when I was ready to buy a house. I quickly changed my privacy settings after that.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

Also weird.
  • She must REALLY like that dress!  I think it's funny that her FI sent you the message, and not her.  Then again, I'd never have the balls to send a random person that message, so maybe that's why!
  • I had a few people from the US emailing me asking to buy my gown after I was featured on snippet and ink. I also had some random girl message me on facebook the other day saying that I don't know her, but I went to HS with one of her friends (who in actuality I barely knew) who saw my pictures on facebook and told her to look because our pictures were so great.

It's sweet but somewhat odd when you get such random requests!
  • Tell them you would be happppy to sell for say 30k? Good? good.
  • Your dress is pretty amazing.  I could kind of see how someone might do something a bit odd to find out more about it and/or force someone else to do something odd to find out about it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's awesome!

I might be in the minority, but I really don't find it odd that they sought you out on FB... SO many people have it, it's pretty much the norm, like google.

My grandma even has it!  Ha!
  • I don't think it's weird either. If you see something and want to get in touch with someone to get it, FB is a probably the best social network to use. Isn't that what networking is for?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards