November 2012 Weddings
Options

It's all coming together...finally!!!

When I first posted on this board I felt horrible and stressed because I had so much to do compared to so many of you ladies. Ever since we hired our planners we have been able to book the much needed things we didn't have in a matter of two months! They are amazing...I don't know where we would be if it weren't for them.

All we need is to finalize our menu and figure out which videographer to hire.

How are your wedding plans coming?

Re: It's all coming together...finally!!!

• Options

Congrats!  It is definitely a stress reliever when you have the major things booked and out of the way! 

We are almost done with all the big stuff...just have to find a suit for FI, figure out the food situation, and print off the invites.  We definitely have a lot of small things to finish off as well, but those can be done a little at a time.  Smile

Anniversary
  • Options
    Congrats!  It's definitely a reliever when the major vendors get booked! 

We have just a few big things to take care of:  figuring out the food situation (FIL's will be handling that), FI's suit, and printing out and mailing the invites.  There's still a lot of small things to be done, but they can be done a little at a time, so I'm trying not to freak out too much!  Tongue out
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Congratulations!

We finalized the reception band last night!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks! We still have the small stuff but most of the major stuff is almost out of the way. I can concentrate on printing out my invites in peace :)
  • Options
    We have had all of our vendors booked for a while!
    I am in the process of strassing (sparkling) my second pair of shoes (I ended up finding a pair of shoes I liked better) and writing thank yous for our shower...
    Next up is the invitations. A task I am SUPER excited to get started.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_its-all-coming-togetherfinally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:5e89261b-81b6-465e-a141-5274339e16b7Post:1a4b66d2-83a2-4356-a075-d915d91fce58">Re: It's all coming together...finally!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have had all of our vendors booked for a while! I am in the process of strassing (sparkling) my second pair of shoes (I ended up finding a pair of shoes I liked better) and writing thank yous for our shower... <strong>Next up is the invitations. A task I am SUPER excited to get started.</strong>
    Posted by ohsoashley[/QUOTE]

Is this sarcasm?  Cuz I pretty much dreaded the idea of making my own until my awesome friend Kellie decided she would make them for me lol
    Anniversary
  • Options
    its not.
    I make invitations as part of my business, so the fact that I get to make them for OUR wedding makes me very excited
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_its-all-coming-togetherfinally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:5e89261b-81b6-465e-a141-5274339e16b7Post:5a42516f-8973-463b-8c5d-e0419974514a">Re: It's all coming together...finally!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]its not. I make invitations as part of my business, so the fact that I get to make them for OUR wedding makes me very excited
    Posted by ohsoashley[/QUOTE]

So lucky!!  I am about as creative as a slice of bread...I can think of cool idea, but implementing the pretty much stumps me.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    YAY! our invites just came in last night so that's next on the list! Now I just have to figure out pocket folds or some cute way to put all this stuff together....glad to have them in though!
  • Options
    Most of our things are taken care of until our vendors need the rst of their money in November. 

I spoke with our cake lady today to tell her what flavours we are having, so that is finalized.  This week/next week hoping to finish invites (all there is to do is address them, stuff the envelopes and attach postage).  Stagette this weekend, only my bridal party, nothing big.  August will be our invite mail out month.  So favours and chruch programs, I cannot order until we start getting RSVP's back in late September.  So I guess things will be at a standstill until then. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options

Miss 2010 sounds like you're on a roll! 

I'm planning on mailing out our OOT invites in mid-August, and the remainder will be sent out/given out early Sept.  I hope that we can start getting our RSVPs back ASAP so we know how much food, beverages, etc. we will need. 

It's getting down to crunch time, and I'm so excited!!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thats what we are planning on doing - mailing OOT invites/hard to reach people certainly early August.  RSVP date is Sept 17.  So for family, friends, co workers, as long as they have them during the first week of Sept I am fine with that.  at least then I have until Oct 17th to track down naughty little RSVP'ers
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    We are looking into locking in our wedding transportation, rehearsal dinner, and ordering our invitations! I need to start looking into a place for the grooms cake, hopefully that will not cost too much!  we have lots of little stuff to do, but all the major stuff is done, so i am happy about that other than the rehearsal dinner
  • Options
    Well, I am still needing 2-3 big vendors but that should be taken care of by this weekend.  I have a meeting with the pastor at the church today (ceremony and officiant).  And I am looking at 2 transportation companies.  Oh, plus the DJ.  Still waiting on him to get back to me with contract details. Planning is going good: I've picked up the pace since taking a little break.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards