California-Bay Area

Truly Strange Experience-- Anyone else?

Hi  All,
I had a totally bizarre experience this week when meeting with one of my vendors. He told me that another bride had also contacted him (as recently as last week) and inquired about our date and SAME VENUE. The vendor had already been contacted by me about that date/venue so he asked the bride, "Are you confirmed at [venue] for that date?"  The bride told him that yep, they were all set!
The venue we are using only does one wedding a day (we have the space from 8am that morning until 1am that night) so there's no chance of both weddings happening on the same day. The vendor knows the events manager at my venue and contacted her to confirm who was indeed booked there on that day and (thank God) the venue confirmed that we are the ONLY event booked there and that the other bride does not have a contract with them for any date.
So... why is this girl calling vendors telling them that she's booked on my date at my venue?!?!  It's one thing to say "Yeah, we're hoping to have our wedding at [venue] on [date]" as you're reaching out to vendors... I would totally understand that, but to flat out tell a vendor that you're confirmed at a venue for my date??

I know it's not a huge deal since our venue confirmed that we're the only event and we have a signed contract with them for that date, but the vendors network is smaller than I'd imagined in San Francisco and we're bound to be calling many of the same people as we line up vendors. It seems like this will only serve to confuse everyone.
Anyway, I just needed to vent and see if anyone has dealt with something similar? I hope this girl gets her situation figured out and stops pretending she has my venue on that date!!!

Thus endeth my first official wedding planning meltdown... ;)

Re: Truly Strange Experience-- Anyone else?

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could your vendor be confused?  There are a bunch of places with similar names (multiple University Clubs, hotel chains with multiple locations, etc.).  Also, if this other girl is searching for vendors before she's officially picked a reception venue, she might just be putting down a random location to fill out the box with the intention of updating the venue once she's in a contract.  Or, at least, I hope so.  As long as you're in contract with your venue, you should be okay.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Mica. It could be a venue with a similar name, or maybe this other person said the wrong date. As long as your venue has you down, you're good.
  • lmk329lmk329 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish that were the case, but we're getting married at The Bently Reserve downtown SF (a unique venue-- not a situation where it could be the "other" Hyatt, etc.). The vendor who told us about this said that he had double checked with the other bride to see if they were actually confimed at the Bently or just hoping for that day & location (so that he could tell her he already knew someone who was booked there) and she said that they were confirmed for that date. That's when he called his contact at our venue to see what the situation was.
    You're right that at least the venue has confirmed (both with that vendor and with me) that we are the only wedding booked that day, but it's just concerning that she's calling vendors and trying to schedule them for my venue on my date.
    Anyway, hopefully she finds a new date or venue soon!
  • edited December 2011
    i'm really late to this thread but i just had to comment. it sounds like the other bride is downright crazy! your vendor should totally call her out on it and see what happens. since this all happened back in november, have you had any issues since then?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mapledonutsmapledonuts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What happened with the other bride? Did you get it all worked out?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards