Snarky Brides

Moments you'll always remember

Okay, so this might be a bit cheesy, but what are some things that you know you'll NEVER forget?

For me:
~Where I was when I found out about WTC
~DH's proposal and the leading up to it
~When I found out I was pg
~When my water broke and the whole day leading up to DD's birth
~Taking DD home after 9 days in the NICU

...man, these are so cliche.  I swear I had a non cliche one in my head the other day...
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Moments you'll always remember

• - When Scott left for Maine and hugged me in the parking lot, and said "Please come visit me" and "I just want you to be happy".
    - The day I first saw Demon. She was 2 pounds and nothing but fur
    - Closing on our house, then coming here and just sitting in the empty living room for an hour because it was ours
    - Waking up at my friends house in high school. It was over the river so I could hear the waves, the wind blowing through the windows, and the grass skirt curtains rustling. I just remember thinking "this is a perfect morning"
  • H proposing

The day Whisky came to live with us

The day my first book was mailed to me, and seeing my mom's reaction when she read the dedication to her

Standing at an overlook in the Amazon and looking down at the river. It was an incredible view

Getting a shot in my butt in kindergarden. I only remember because it was one of my worst cases of pneumonia, it hurt like hell, and I threw up the medicine, which was red, and my mom started screaming about me vomitting blood.
  • I had a bar b q stain on my white t shirt...

hahaha um...
    -The day I first saw T.
    -When t and I got engaged.
    -The day we called off our engagement
    -When we picked Quincy up.
    -9/11

• AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    It's okay, mine are cheesy too. 

-The first time I met FI. After a stressful 10 hours at the St Louis bus station, I remember watching the doors waiting for him, and he walked in and gave me a nice big kiss.

-The first time he told me he loved me. At the same bus station, almost exactly 6 months later.

-My first kiss. Thursday, December 11th, 2003 at 8:58pm. Yes, my first kiss was only 7 years ago...and yes, it may have been the day before my 13th birthday.

-The first time I took the TTC (Toronto public transit) by myself. 

-Friday, November 12th, 2004. My first kegger (yup, I was 13. I had a lot of older friends, but I wasn't drinking or anything). That kegger started a chain of events that lead me to FI 5 years later.
  • edited October 2010
    -I will never forget 9/11.
    -the first time Ben said he loved me... the night after our junior prom
    -the second time he said he loved me, three months after I left my ex.  I told him "No,  you dont!" and he insisted he did.  I said it back to him the next morning.
    -the moment I learned my grandfather had passed
    -the night my mom told us she was pregnant with our youngest sister (we were pissed)
    -the day I moved into my own apartment
    -my college graduation
    -our engagement

eta - I will never forget our first kiss, because we were in 8th grade, it was BOTH of our first kiss, and it was terrible.  His mouth was open, mine was closed, and the rest is history
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:fe4d36aa-3b12-4b24-b7cb-eb83616cb76a">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I had a bar b q stain on my white t shirt...</strong> hahaha um... -The day I first saw T. -When t and I got engaged. -The day we called off our engagement -When we picked Quincy up. -9/11
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Ha :)

Sad ones
    - The day my ratties died, especially Mary
    - Finding my childhood dog when she passed away
    - My kitten dying in my arms after being attacked by a hawk (still makes me cry too, that was 10 years ago)
  • Oh yes, how could I forget! :P
    The first time T told me he loved me. Icould never forget that.
    -The first time I drove all by myself. I went to tacobell drive thru :)
  • Ooo, I remember kissing a guy in the empty chorus room in HS.  I was leaning up against the folder cabinet and my legs were crossed because that's how I was standing.  It was really awkward.

roxy - love that you went to Taco Bell!

I also remember meeting DH in JiffyLube!  And our first date.  And a few days later when we were making out hard core and I so wanted to get laid, but he wanted to wait longer than, like, 3 days.  Don't tell him I told you guys, shhhhh.

• Oh, speaking of Taco Bell, the first time FI and I got Taco Bell together, it was storming, so we parked on a hill to watch the lightning while we ate it. I'll always remember that as the start of our Taco Bell/thunderstorm tradition.
  • The first time Scott said it we weren't even dating. We had gone out with a group of friends (while I was dating someone else, another friend was actually trying to hook up with Scott). The next day we were talking about how I was pissed at my bf, and I asked him why he didn't seem to be having fun the night before. He just said " Well, I was having a good time, but I'm completely in love with you and trying to respect your relationship, so it's hard."

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:d7b901a6-2d6a-46a5-952e-20ec5d8626f8">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]The first time Scott said it we weren't even dating. We had gone out with a group of friends (while I was dating someone else, another friend was actually trying to hook up with Scott). The next day we were talking about how I was pissed at my bf, and I asked him why he didn't seem to be having fun the night before. He just said " Well, I was having a good time, but I'm completely in love with you and trying to respect your relationship, so it's hard."
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!</div>
  • That is so precious, KW :)
    panther
  • - my first date with my husband
    - to be honest, so many things about my husband, too many to name
    - our wedding ceremony - spying on him right before, seeing him for the first time while I walked out, saying our vows
    - the day we got our dog and met him for the first time.
    - the entire day of 9/11, from start to finish
    - my first introduction to the beatles and how obsessed I became.
    - times with my grandmother - when we made chocolate mirangue and royally messed it up (and thought it was called chocolate marin-goo"), when we decided to change the direction of her ceiling fan and fan dust went everywhere, when we went to the canal to watch boats and I was attached by seaguls because I was eating french fries heh. I miss my grandma.
  • Oh, these are good.

My very first kiss.  We were 14 and standing outside the grocery store with our skateboards, and he just leaned over and did it.  It was truly innocent and sweet.

When Dad told me and my brother that Mom had died (I was 9).  He looked so lost, and I didn't have any idea what to do next.  I still don't.

When DH told me he loved me the first time.  I was waiting for him to say it first, and we were in the garage saying goodbye for Thanksgiving - we had been dating 6 months and weren't spending holidays together yet.  I didn't expect it there or then, and it was sweet.

When my brother walked me down the aisle, and said that he couldn't have chosen anyone better for me than DH.

My DD's first days of kindergarten, middle school, and high school.  For you moms and moms-to-be: the hardest by far was middle school.  Those kids all looked 25 years old, and I was leaving my baby girl there in the shark pool.  I cried most of the day.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Aw, katie, I love that story.
  • Oh, the first time I had "sex". That's in quotations because it was too hilarious to have been actual sex.
  • Aww Nebby, those are sweet.

I remember when I played cards (family tradition)) with my (at the time) 101 year old great grandmother and accused her of cheating (in a jokingly 11 year old bratty way) and she snapped at me about respecting her and I cried because I did respect her an felt bad.
  • Oh yeah, I will always remember peeing in Taco Bell on my wedding day (in my wedding dress no less). Scott is going to be hearing that at family reunions forever!
  • I do find it so weird hwo such little memories that seem so insignificant can be so clear in your mind. I love memories.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:ac684421-c22d-4859-b8bf-5ebd817530e3">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, the first time I had "sex". That's in quotations because it was too hilarious to have been actual sex.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

I kind of want to hear this story. I'm creepy like that.
  • I remember how when I was little, and we would travel to Cali to visit my grandparents and aunts and uncles, I would cry all the way to the airport to go home.  I cried all the way home on the flight, and then in the car all the way home.  And then I cried myself to sleep every night for two weeks.  I loved them so much.

I still love them of course, but I can come and go and not cry. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:be960d85-ef3a-402e-9725-b673a9380dc0">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, I will always remember peeing in Taco Bell on my wedding day (in my wedding dress no less). Scott is going to be hearing that at family reunions forever!
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Story, please!

• -The day my BFF's mom died and how our mutual friend called us sobbing. It the 2nd time I'd ever experienced a close death and it was really hard.

-Christmas 2005. The debacle with my BFF and this horrible guy I / we liked. It temporarily ruined our friendship.
  • When I was little, after my parents divorced, my dad used to tell me stories on our drive from his place to my moms (2hrs) - he would start the story and then ask for my input here and there to sort of direct where the story would go. I always loved that.
  • Aww, these are all so sweet. Some of my "poignant" memories:

-the first text I got from FI.. it said "whats up, jacksonville?"

- the moment I realized that I was in love with FI. A whole bunch of highschool friends had gotten together for the week as a reunion sort of thing.. We were cleaning and getting ready to leave...We were standing in the laundry room at his grandparent's beach house, and he was washing sheets.. I just remember thinking "oh crap, I love this guy.. this wasn't supposed to happen!" LOL

-the day I "rescued" my sweet dog back from my ex. It was such an adrenaline filled event..

-When I was driving home from work, and had a sudden "image" or "vision" that my cat had passed away, on my bed. When I got home, I was so scared to go in my room, I had a heavy feeling.. he had passed:( It was so traumatic. I miss him a lot.

-the time my mom was waving a knife around, threatening to hurt herself.. I had to wrestle the knife out of her hands.. That was another time that adrenaline took over. Ugh.. makes me sick thinking about it.

- the moment I packed my stuff, and drove away from my ex and I's old house. I can't even describe what the freedom felt like. It was ridiculously scary, and sad.. but I was laughing through the tears.. I drove to the beach, and sat on the lifeguard stand for 6 hours. Doing absolutely nothing but listening to the waves, watching lightning and enjoying the peace.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:c7bbc196-e463-484a-bbf3-b7b10b902f0a">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww Nebby, those are sweet. I remember when I played cards (family tradition)) with my (at the time) 101 year old great grandmother and accused her of cheating (in a jokingly 11 year old bratty way) and she snapped at me about respecting her and I cried because I did respect her an felt bad.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

That's sweet, Roxy.  I used to play canasta with my grandma.  She lived in (what I thought was) the coolest apartment ever.  I wanted her to save it for me so I could live there forever.

And I remember the road trips my Dad, brother and I took up the coast highway.  We would stop at Hearst Castle, Pea Soup Anderson's restaurant, and Morrow Bay.  We drove through the giant redwood tree on the postcard and always stayed at TraveLodges.  I loved those trips.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:9c42d124-8fa9-4334-b09e-8f950bd578d4">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moments you'll always remember : I kind of want to hear this story. I'm creepy like that.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>Lol. It's pretty short, and was probably a lot more funny at the time. Basically, I had been dating this guy for a couple months, first serious boyfriend all that. He came up to visit with a mutual friend. My best friend was over as well. We got into some rum, and we all got a little tipsy. BF and I end up in my bed, with friends outside being silly. We kind of randomly decided to do it (we were both virgins). He decided I should be on top, which I didn't like. </div><div>
    </div><div>It lasted a whole 20 seconds before I got bored and rolled over. Then, for some reason, I noticed the box of pizza we had ordered beforehand and blurted out "Well, I could really go for a slice of pizza right about now." Then my drunk friend bursts through the door and slurs out "Hey guuuuuuys, come watch me try and walk a straight liiiiiine!".</div><div>
    </div><div>We broke up a week later. Lol. It was so bad I didn't do it again for another year and a half. I think I hurt his ego a bit.</div>
  • Ha, he was shown up by pizza. Yeah, that's gotta sting just a bit.
  • Oh, I also remember the stupid little girl at church that called me "Spock" because my eyebrows grew all crazy like. (I was a kid and I guess my mom didn't want to start tweezing or waxing my brows...) anyways, that scarred me, I am still so self-conscious about them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:f67b3555-f38c-420d-a255-b220303f06ca">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha, he was shown up by pizza. Yeah, that's gotta sting just a bit.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>We just started talking again a couple months ago. Lol. It probably didn't help that I was a little bitter after we broke up and may have told everyone about his small wang...</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards