California-Los Angeles

Cake Stands

Hi Ladies
Does anyone know where you can buy but hopefully rent a cake stand.  I'm looking for a glass cake stand or a stand that lights up.  The baker that we are thinking about using said they don't have any like that - they didn't seem like they knew where we could go to get one either. 
So I thought I would ask - TIA.

My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
Our Wedding Teasers
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cake Stands

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cake stand was glass blocks with Christmas lights inside.

Ugh, stupid knot won't let me PIP.  It's in my married bio under reception if you want to see the picture.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    OMG Jagore08 - that is exactly what I'm looking for?  Did you buy yours or did you rent it?
    Our Wedding Teasers
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    My cake lady did it.  She had glass blocks from a home improvement store (we went with a textured glass because the plain glass you could kind of see the lights through it) and she put the lights (bunched up) inside the glass.  Because the blocks are rectangle and it had to go in a circle, we put flowers in between each block so it didn't look odd.

I should also tell you that my cake lady suggested that we do the bottom layer a faux layer because she was concerned about the heat put off by the lights.  She said that she's not sure the bottom layer would mess up but she didn't want to take any chances and that's the way she always does it.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow - that is good to know - you cake was absolutely beautiful too.
    Thank you
    Our Wedding Teasers
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  The lady that did our cake has been doing DH birthday cakes since he was born (she's also their neighbor)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards