2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age:

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10. When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Week - RanyattaCasey

• RanyattaCaseyRanyattaCasey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    OMG! I am sooooooooooooo excited! I wasnt at work yesterday and I really didnt get on because I was KNEE DEEP in invitaitons...I am so excited.  I will be posting shortly.  Last week I wasnt motivated to do anything wedding but this really motivated me! YAY!  Thanks!

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name: Ranyatta and James

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age: November 20 and March 8. 34 and 36.

3. City Born In? I was born Jacksonsville, Fla and he was born in Pineville, La

4. City Live in? I live in Baltimore, MD and He lives in Atlanta, GA

5. Where did you go to college? I got my bachelors from Lincoln University and I got Masters from Johns Hopkins and another one from Towson University.

6. What was your major? I was a criminal justice major.

7. What is your current job? I teach law, government and political science

8. What is your dream job? to be a philanthropist

9. How did you and your fiance meet? We met at a debate tournament at Emory University.

10. When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? We got engaged on August 12. I was washing dishes in preparation to make it to the airport to head back to Baltimore.  He was talking so much as he always does. SO I was rushing him because we needed to leave so I could make my flight.  So I had my back to him as he is rambling so I turn around to fuss at him and he was down on one knee and I was in TEARS!

11. When is the Wedding Day? May 18th, 2013

12. Where is the ceremony and reception? The hotel at Arundel Preserve for both.

13. What are your wedding colors? Navy blue, coral and silver

14. Where are you honeymooning? Montego Bay

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far? My photobooth!

16. Biggest wedding splurge? Its between the invitations and draping and tenting fro the reception.

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? Famous singer

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend? All of them! I am so excited hearing about everyone's plans.

19. Favorite book? anything by Michael Eric Dyson

20. Favorite movie? Jason's Lyric

21. Favorite tv show? A Different World

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?
    Vera Wang..of course because my dress is a Vera!

23. Any advice you can give? Pray hard, pray often and have patience.

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? People trying to plan my day for me.

25. Share something about yourself!  I am excited about marrying the man of my dreams. I thank God that after 7 years we are making this thing happen!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay Baltimore!! Your wedding will be beautiful at that venue! Please post pictures!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here are my invitations if anyone wants to see them!  They will come inside petal enclosures and the thing that looks like a cassette tape is my rsvp post card.  The big blue square is the outer envelope with our picture that is a sticker!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LOVE your invitations and i love your venue! gorgeous place :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-ranyattacasey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:66a863af-ea17-4259-a19c-97be0a73f078Post:20fa9237-b428-4535-9e96-12091b4286d4">Re: Knottie of the Week - RanyattaCasey</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here are my invitations if anyone wants to see them!  They will come inside petal enclosures and the thing that looks like a cassette tape is my rsvp post card.  The big blue square is the outer envelope with our picture that is a sticker!
    Posted by RanyattaCasey[/QUOTE]

<div>Very Creative!!! Nice!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nice to meet you. I am loving the invites!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love the invites they are soo nice, and that proposal story is super sweet Awww and you was about to fuss at him lol....and those colors are beautiful.... Congrats honey nice to meet you

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Ranyatta...I love the invites and everything... you got engaged on my moms bday.... such a great day.. Your time is coming soo fast.. and don't b surprised if I show up at Arundel preserve... I think I've said this before..haha.. I'm soo glad you finally got KOTW!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-ranyattacasey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:66a863af-ea17-4259-a19c-97be0a73f078Post:14873e2f-43c0-4e0d-aedb-7ba9faf30207">Re: Knottie of the Week - RanyattaCasey</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ranyatta...I love the invites and everything... you got engaged on my moms bday.... such a great day..

Your time is coming soo fast.. and don't b surprised if I show up at Arundel preserve...

I think I've said this before..haha..

I'm soo glad you finally got KOTW!!!!
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

THAT'S MY MOMMY BDAY TOOO.......LOL WHAT A COINCIDENCE

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Hi Ray! Love the invites & the proposal story! Have you found any positions in Atlanta? Are you going to move before or after the wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They came out really nice! How did you print labels for the inside of the vinyly records. I tried for weeks and quit
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Hey Raynatta,

First love your invites.  They are super cute.  

Second - ^5 on being a November girl.  My b-day is November 18th.

Third - ^5 on Montego Bay.  My Mom's side is from Jamaica and that is the area where she was born.  Love it there.  

Fourth - Ohh...I love some Vera.   Her gowns are fabulous.

And finally, Whitley and Dwayne.  I am done.  I was hoping they would get a spin off. :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Absolutely love.....congratulations!!
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Love the invites. Very unique!!! Nice getting to hear more of your wedding. All the best with everything;))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • the invites are way too cute.... 
    me and Nursing are crashing just an fyi lol
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love those invites, keep up the good work!!
  • Yayy.. to being knottie of the week.. And so glad to get to learn more about ya'll.. Love the invites.. Awww..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-ranyattacasey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:66a863af-ea17-4259-a19c-97be0a73f078Post:96996a1a-7b61-414a-84a5-194f617ee3f3">Re: Knottie of the Week - RanyattaCasey</a>:
    [QUOTE]the invites are way too cute.... <strong><em> me and Nursing are crashing just an fyi</em></strong> lol
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

Dont be surprised.... you have been warned.. and dont try to have security stop us... We are FAM!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the love sisters!  SO much love...it really made me smile this week and got me motivated to get this wedding stuff OUT THE WAY, DONE AND OVERWITH!  I am making it happen yall.

All my knotties are invited....yall come on!  I will have a table reserved just fro yall. 

nursing and divav..yall know yall are MCing the ceremony...yall musta forgot that you are leading the wobble.

Shouts out to my fellow SCORPIO sisters..you know how we get down!

As far as the job search...its going slowly.  As you know it is hard to find a job when you arent in that city.  I am not moving until the end of the school year which is in June so I have a little time.  But I am not sure I want to teach anymore.  I think i want out of the classroom and into an office environment.  So I need to proay on that and see what happens.

SHouts out to all the moms whose birthday is my wedding day. I will have gifts for them at my candy bar :-)

As far as the CDS. I just ordered them from a website.  I did not geel like fighting with them.  The CDS are from Amazon.com.  They look just like actual records.  the label website is http://www.myownlabels.com/wedding_cd-labels/.

I just didnt feel like fighting with making them.  I made the rsvp post cards out of silver card stock that I ordered from Paperandmore.com.

Lastly to all my different world fans...Anybody remember this scene:  Whitley, please baby please...as the ushers are pulling Dwayne down the aisle and she is about to marry Byron.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! We looked at your venue and it is gorge :) Where will you reside post-wedding? Absolutely LOVE the invites...my FI and I are both music fanatics!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow my Journey Down the Aisle at www.ichoosethesun.com !
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-ranyattacasey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:66a863af-ea17-4259-a19c-97be0a73f078Post:7e1020e5-9b74-4141-8faf-0e444ad800e6">Re: Knottie of the Week - RanyattaCasey</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! We looked at your venue and it is gorge :) Where will you reside post-wedding? Absolutely LOVE the invites...my FI and I are both music fanatics!
    Posted by ichoosethesun[/QUOTE]

We will be residing in the "A." I like Baltimore but I was born and raised in the south so I cant wait to move to Atlanta.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-ranyattacasey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:66a863af-ea17-4259-a19c-97be0a73f078Post:8686173b-f83f-441b-8051-ea1c655a3344">Re: Knottie of the Week - RanyattaCasey</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knottie of the Week - RanyattaCasey : We will be residing in the "A." I like Baltimore but I was born and raised in the south so I cant wait to move to Atlanta.
    Posted by RanyattaCasey[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>good luck with the job search </div><div>i know a couple of folks in atl if you need some help 

</div>
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-ranyattacasey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:66a863af-ea17-4259-a19c-97be0a73f078Post:de93cdd3-a669-4439-aa26-c259c45de050">Re: Knottie of the Week - RanyattaCasey</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knottie of the Week - RanyattaCasey : good luck with the job search  i know a couple of folks in atl if you need some help 
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

I sure do girl!  I will eb reaching out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nice to meet you! Your invites are awesome. I bet your wedding will be just as great! Congrats its getting close:
  • Congrats KOTW! You seem to have this wedding planning down packed. I can't wait to see pics from your big day!
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Hi Soror! Nice to get to know more about you! Love your proposal story...what was he rambling about?!?!?! LOL! I see you said your are staying down south...aint nothing better :-) How often does your FI travel back home to Pineville?  Geez that's a small town! Have you ever visited there?

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!! 

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards