New York
Options

Wedding Wednesdays

Anyone get anything done in the past week??

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wedding Wednesdays

• Options
    edited December 2011

Sent out little info packets to our OOT guests informing them of welcome dinner and transportation info. 

That's about it.  I feel like I should be doing more this close to the big day.  Meh... maybe next week.  lol

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked my hair and make up!  Very excited!  I'm going to have a consultation with them at some point in the next couple of months and then a trial in August or the beginning of September.

Did a lot of ceremony song research last night and I think I know what I want.  Have to run it by FI and the musicians before it's final though.

Still working on the invitations.  It will never end and is taking longer than I thought!  I corrected PDF proofs that will be used to make a real proof so hopefully I'll get the real one in the next couple of weeks.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha I know the feeling Monica.

Just now I called my florist to make an appt to make sure we got the order 100% and to show her my centerpieces. She'll have extra (shes ordering in bulk) so shes gunna see what she can add to the centerpieces

Called my DJ to talk about the whole procedure and OMG I hope I get the DJ I spoke with (Whirling Disc decides on your DJ after they get your paperwork to see what type of event your having ie. outgoing, slower, etc). He was so great to talk to and so very informative and helpful. Amazing.

And I called the chair rental to confirm my order and emailed the other bride that Im splitting the chairs with to dish out her remaining balnce.

Phew. I feel accomplished

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't bought or booked anything, but I did have a nice discussion with my FMIL regarding my ideas for the decor of the reception. She gave me some good ideas too and the name of a local seamstress that does an AMAZING job.  Plus,  the ILs are paying for/hosting the RD, so I'm happy for that.

I got the number of a girl for my hair, she's friends with my FSIL, so that should be fun.

That's it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think i found my flower ideas, after looking online. 
     We had our venue, and then cake tasting on Friday and talked with vendor about specializing our ceremony more.
    We also booked a piano player through them to play during our cocktail hour.

FI decided that he's going to get tux rentals and decided on the colors of his tux,  orginally he was jusdt going to suits but realized it's more money for the grroomsmen as no one he found rented suits. 

We just need to meet with the florist to tell her our specfics, and i need to find my make up person,  then it;s down to all the little stuff.

oh!  i need to send our DJ the deposit this week if i remember too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards