New York-Western

Maggie Sottero brides!

I have my heart set on several Maggie Sottero dresses and was wondering if anyone has had luck finding her dresses around Buffalo? 

Re: Maggie Sottero brides!

• edited December 2011
    There's a few..I want a Maggie dress, too!  I'm going to go to Bridal Chateau first. =]

Here's a link from her site with all of the stores in the area!

http://www.maggiesottero.com/stores.aspx
    June 2012 May Siggy- Me and my MOH(sis)! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I guess it didn't put the locations in the link for some reason.  Just input your zip and search!
    June 2012 May Siggy- Me and my MOH(sis)! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Planning Bio
  • stacious017stacious017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which dresses were you looking at? I have atleast 6 that I really like.
  • edited December 2011
    i am a maggie bride!

beware of clara milas!  they SUUCK!  they will not tell you who the designer is and the woman was falling all over me to purchase a dress...when i told her i couldn't pull the trigger, she got very nasty - then they called me everyday (literally) for a week asking when i was going to put a deposit down.

bridal chateau is AMAZING...i bought my dress from them and couldn't be happier with them...

i also think that they had the best selection...
  • edited December 2011
    i am also very obsessed with maggie - what dresses are you girls looking at?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That dress is beautiful! I really like ambrosia. I'm going saturday to look!
  • edited December 2011
    that is beautiful!

i had a couple that i had my heart set on trying on (even drove to brockport, medina, and erie to try more dresses on).  the problem with maggie is that she has so many dresses, the stores have to pick and choose which to keep.

even if they don't have ambrosia, they should have one similar! 
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a Maggie Ambrosia bride!  It is absolutely gorgeous!  I got it at Bridal Chateau and they have been amazing to deal with.  However, they did not have the sample when I bought it a year ago.  They may have one now...?  I tried on other similar dresses, but went with Ambrosia without seeing it b/c I loved it so much.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's Ambrosia at my first fitting!

• AmandaB29AmandaB29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm wearing Maggie too!! Desirae!

• jnpiwowarczykjnpiwowarczyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love maggie dresses :) i will be wearing chardonnay. make sure when you pick out one you like you call & make sure they carry that one. I had to go to rochester to try on the chardonnay, no one at the time had it here :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_maggie-sottero-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:ad97a40c-ca24-4ec5-94e0-32f83a2ffa19Post:6071ee20-32a7-46be-8cf6-463b6db150b4">Re: Maggie Sottero brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm wearing Maggie too!! Desirae!
    Posted by AmandaB29[/QUOTE]

i almost bought that one!  when i went back to classic bridal, i just couldn't pull the trigger...i am so happy i didn't...as much as it's GORGEOUS, it's just not me.
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm a maggie bride too! i went to bridal chateau as well and they were amazing. i decided on nicolette and can't wait for my first fitting :)
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • AmandaB29AmandaB29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cmalchow- aren't you also having your reception at Pearl Street?? How funny would that have been if you ended up with desirae!
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lovvvvve Maggie! I'm wearing Angelina- so much dress to move around, but hopefully it'll be worth it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I'm wearing Coco. I ended up getting it in Rochester though.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm officially a Maggie bride!! My first dress I tried on was Ambrosia, and I tried on 4-5 dresses after this one. I knew Ambrosia was my dress the minute I put it on! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stacious:  Did you happen to look at the bustle for Ambrosia?  I can't decide how I am going to bustle it!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The lady at Bridal Chateau showed me a couple ways. I believe the best way is to tuck it under. The difficult part is going to be trying not to lose the flowers that are in the back. 
  • edited December 2011

amanda - i am a PSG bride - it would have been funny if we got married in the same place with the same dress!

stacious - yay!  congrats on buying the dress you love!  how amazing was bridal chateau?

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked bridal chateau. They were very helpful! However, I am nervous because a lot of reviews online are horror stories about alterations. Are you or have you had your alterations here? 
  • edited December 2011
    i am getting my alterations done there.  the owner, debbie is doing them.  i am putting my trust into them.
  • cutypy0516cutypy0516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also a Maggie bride.  I just love the fit of their gowns!  I wore the Rhianna Royale.  I also got my gown and alterations at Bridal Chateau.  Everything went perfect!  With the lace-up back, I barely needed any alterations and my bustle blended with the dress perfectly.
    Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the amount of moments that take you breath away. - Anon
  • edited December 2011
    i LOVE rhianna - it is SO gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where everyone is located in the Buffalo area, but I got my maggie dress from Blissett's in Medina NY.  I'm wearing Isadora :) That's where I grew up (now live in Rochester) and the woman who owns the shop is just amazing, as well as all of her employees. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_maggie-sottero-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:ad97a40c-ca24-4ec5-94e0-32f83a2ffa19Post:6f817461-4d41-4f57-bdbc-28670ab2ca17">Re: Maggie Sottero brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure where everyone is located in the Buffalo area, but I got my maggie dress from Blissett's in Medina NY.  I'm wearing Isadora :) That's where I grew up (now live in Rochester) and the woman who owns the shop is just amazing, as well as all of her employees. 
    Posted by nelaszewski[/QUOTE]

i almost bought isadora!  i went out to blissets to try dresses on...i really liked them...it was just too far a drive...i am happy with bridal chateau :)
  • specialk3782specialk3782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my Maggie Havana at Bridal Chateau. I had a great experience so far and plan on doing all the alterations with them as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards