Delaware
Options

Cake toppers

I couldn't sleep once again, so I started looking around for ideas for different cake toppers.  I am a true fan of having a different cake topper than the "traditional" ones from ACM and Michaels (sorry to those brides who have used them, but IMHO, I think they are cheap looking, especially when you can get something much nicer for same price or less!  Just my opinion, though).  I think it can be a conversation starter, and if it's a really nice one, something you proudly display in your home for years to come.  So, I went looking for different toppers, and took some ideas from weddings I have been to.  Hopefully, maybe, one of you gals will be inspired by the different toppers you see here, and have an awesome topper as a result!

I know we have talked about "different" cake toppers in the past on here, and some girls have come on and asked for ideas.  I thought I would share the ideas that I came up with or across (most of them are links, if they aren't the link is right below it; for some reason, the link wouldn't attach to those phrases):

Willow Tree

Jim Shore Heartwood Creek

Jim Shore Disney

Lenox

Precious Moments

Disney Mickey and Minnie Statue Number One

Disney Mickey and Minnie BobbleHeads

Lenox Disney Minnie and Mickey Car

Lenox Disney Minnie and Mickey Statue

Disney Mickey and Minnie Snow Globe Box (use just the top to the box, and it would work great):
www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSIProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=1265709&categoryId=14844&catalogFromSearch=10002&catalogId=10002&langId=-1"

Disney Mickey and Minnie Statue Number Two:
www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSIProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=1270541&categoryId=302600&catalogFromSearch=10002&catalogId=10002&langId=-1"

Disney Precious Moments Statue:
www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSIProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=1200298&categoryId=71003&catalogFromSearch=10002&catalogId=10002&langId=-1"

Some of them, like certain Disney ones, Precious Moments, Willow Tree and Jim Shore ones, are relatively affordable- $25-30, and it can be displayed again quite nicely.  Compared to the ones at ACM, which can run expensive (and IMHO, cheap looking), these are different options you might look into.  Don't forget we have the outlets down at the beach and in Lancaster, and the Lenox outlet often has wedding items at massive markdowns.  I freakin' love the Disney Bobble Heads!

Another really awesome idea that I just saw at a wedding in July is for you sports fans- salt and pepper shakers.  Yes, shakers.  See, this company called Memory Company makes Jersey Salt and Pepper Shakers in every team- MLB, NFL, NHL, NCAA, all teams.  My friend is a huge Phillies fan, and her now-DH is from Boston and loves the Sox.  So she got a set of each, and put one Phillies Jersey and one Boston Jersey on the cake.  Here is a picture (click to make it bigger):

(actually, it was really funny- she got them the morning of the wedding at a sports store at the Salisbury Mall.  She decided she needed something to do instead of pace, so she went shopping.  They weren't going to have a topper until she found these!).

Here is a link to the Amazon store for this company.  If you and FI are fans of the same team, just put both Salt and Pepper on the cake; if you are rivals, put one of each!  And don't fill them beforehand, LOL!

Memory Company major League Sport Jersey Salt and Pepper Shakers (if it doesn't work, go to Amazon.com and search Memory Company Salt and Pepper Shakers):
www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_sq_top?ie=UTF8&keywords=memory%20company%20salt%20and%20pepper%20shaker&index=blended&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002A5ALKC&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=188EFSAZBVBMT4646EP9%22"

Just a thought!  Also, if you want something completely different and customized, don't forget Etsy; you can get just about anything on there in any shape or style!  And if FI is in the military, there is a company that will customize a topper to look like his exact uniform.

I have to be honest, if I wasn't so close to the wedding, I think I would have tried to get as many different (nice looking) toppers as I could, and displayed them around the bottom of the cake.  If I can find the Jim Shore and Willow Tree toppers, and maybe a Disney one, I might still do it- I know the Family Christian store has the Willow Tree, at least.  Thoughts on that idea?

Does anyone else have cute idea for a cake topper??

Re: Cake toppers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards