Michigan-Detroit

Tell Us Tuesday

What is your typical morning routine like?  What time do you wake up, how long to shower, get ready, etc?  Then what time do you leave?

Re: Tell Us Tuesday

• missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On the days I work, Im up at 6:30. It usually only takes me a half hour to get ready. I straighten my hair the  night before, so I just have to run the straightener through real quick and do my make up. I wake my girls up at 6:45 and get their breakfast going while I finish getting ready. One has to be to school by 7:45 and the other by 8:00. So   drop them off and I come home for abour 20 min. Usually catch up on here or watch the news and I start work at 9.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My first alarm goes off at 6:45, but I snooze it until somewhere between 7:15 and 7:30 (usually 7:30). Then I hop in the shower, dry my hair, and get dressed. That routine takes about 30 minutes total -- no make-up and nothing special hair-wise. I pack my lunch the night before, so I'm typically out the door between 8 and 8:10 and at work by 8:40ish.

I'd love to wake up earlier -- like around 5:45 -- and hit the gym. I typically follow that routine for a few weeks every year, and then promptly get over it in favor of sleep. But it's always a goal!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I don't like routine. I thrive on change. Some mornings I shower. Some nights I shower. Sometimes I get up after the 1st alarm. Sometimes I wait until the 3rd. Sometimes I eat breakfast. Somedays I wait to eat breakfast at work (I'm a nanny). 

I am so thankful that even though I don't love my job (I only took it because I couldn't find a job after August and it was a great job to have while planning a wedding this fall), I love the distance. It's less than 3 miles away. It takes 5 minutes to drive to work from our apartment, which is nice. And I know I'll REALLY appreciate it when the snow starts to fall. So to answer the last question - I leave between 8:10 - 8:15 to get to work by 8:20. [:
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get up when Kevin's alarm goes off around 7 am, or stay in bed a bit if I need more sleep. Usually up no later than 7:30 am. My daughter has already left for school (thank GOD she can drive herself!).

I walk down the stairs, log onto the computer, start my day. Kevin makes me toast with peanut butter before he leaves.

I have no regularly scheduled shower time as I work at home 100% and can shower whenever I want.

Yes, working at home is a blessing!
  • baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wake up at 6:30 (ok...who am I kidding...it's more like drag myself out of bed at 7:10 after hitting the snooze button 4 times), shower, get dressed, do hair and make up (not nearly as glamorous as it sounds). Wake up my 5 year old at 7:30, make him breakfast and get him ready...pack a lunch and out the door by 8. Drop him off at school and head to work until 5. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I usually hear my FI's alarm go off at 6 then doze back off till about 730 lol. My kids have to be to school by 8:12 when their bells rings. So it's usually feeding them, handing out their meds and making sure they don't piss me off first thing when I walk downstairs lol.

Then I come home, play on the comp, watch Animal Planet, clean, shower (no particular order). I'm unable to work, so my schedule is how I want it to be =)
  • edited December 2011
    Being that I'm in school my morning schedule is never consistent. On the days that I have clinical, I am up anytime between 5-5:30 and out the door by 6:15 to be to the hospital by 6:45. The rest of the days I get up anywhere between 7:30 and 9:30 depending on whether I work or not.

It generally takes me about an hour to get ready, 45 minutes if I was smart and made my lunch the night before =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I wake up at 7:15am, then I go upstairs and sit with my dog for a little bit. Once I feel I am awake enough I brush my teeth and check to see if I need to straighten my hair, it is already super straight as it is. After that I pick out what I am going to wear for the day and lay them out. Then I put on mascara. That is the only makeup I wear. I have never worn foundation or anything else before, mostly because I am too lazy and don't really care that much. After that I get dressed, make a lunch and I am out of the house by 8:20.

99% of the time I shower at night. I am very OCD about my shower routine and it is easiest for me at night when I have more time.
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I work, I get up at 7:30am (for your average day), get dressed, go to the bathroom to do that, brush my teeth, fix my hair and put on some foundation, go to the kitchen to make coffee and breakfast, eat, get my stuff together (put together the night before), feed the animals and then be out the door by 8am.

I shower at night during the week.
  • edited December 2011
    I wake up at 6:30 am everyday. I shower, iron, do my hair and make up. I try really hard to pack my lunch and then make a cup of coffee. Then out the door by 7:30am.

I have tried taking my showers at night since it takes me about 20 minutes to do my hair but it just doesn't work for me. I have a hard time sleeping with my hair down and I just don't feel as awake without the shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With me in school and DH working from home, the alarm actually only goes off on Tuesdays and Thursdays (7:00), unless he has to go interview someone in the morning.  I'm trying really hard to let myself sleep until I wake up naturally, which is doing wonders for both my mood and my health.

On T/TH, I get up, fire up the Keurig, look over my email and FB while I have a cup of coffee, and then hop in the shower, get ready, and am out the door by 8:15. 

All other days, I get up and run first thing in the morning before I'm awake enough to re-think that plan.  Then showering, then coffee.  MW I don't have to leave for class until about 11:15, so I'll do some laundry, some dishes, etc. 

On Saturday I usually don't run, so I'll wander out of the bedroom, make some coffee, put on some DVR'ed Daily Show, and spend an unhealthy amount of time playing online in my jim-jams until DH shames me into bathing.  ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wake up at 7:10 make the bed then I am in the bathroom by 7:15. I use the potty, wash hands, brush teeth and then wash my face. Then I am get in the shower wash hands again and then flush the toilet before I leave out the bathroom (I am a little OCD)

I have to air dry when I get out of the shower for at least 5 minutes or I don't feel like my motion will set into my skin (don't judge me lol) I am dressed and back in the bathroom to do my hair by 7:50 and I grab my breakfast to eat when I get to work and I am out the door and in the car by 8:00

Its kind of crazy how routine my mornings so If by chance I doze of while air drying my body wakes back up ontime to get the rest of my morning rituals complete. DH laughs at me but it doesn't matter I am always ontime for work.

Now the weekend or days off is a totally different story I can stay in the bed until the afternoon.
  • acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I typically get up at 5:30. Shower, get dressed, leave around 6. I typically get everything ready the night before so I can get ready very quickly and quitely so I don't wake up FI.
    June 16, 2012
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get up at 6:05.  Shower, eat breakfast, watch the news, do my hair, etc.  Leave the house at about 7:45ish.  I need a lot of time in the morning just to wake up and ease into the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards