Rhode Island
Options

Name change documents

Hello Ladies,
Im trying to start to name change process for the social security card and im having problems kinding the correct boards on the nest. Those already married did you change your ssc by mail or mail? As I got a certified marriage certicate for the application but it looks like i need to give identity the license or passport. I dont know if I feel comfortable mailing these documents. Or is the marriage license enough? Suggestions.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Name change documents

• Options
    You need to take your marriage license and some form of ID down to the SS office...I don't even know if you can do it by mail, but I never looked into it.  Once you do the SS card, you can start the rest of it (license, credit cards, banks, etc.).
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You need to get your marriage license first. then go down to SS office . I was in and out within 5 minutes. Then you have to wait 24hrs to do everything else. Also, if you have AAA you can change your name there instead of having to go to the DMV.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks I went to Warwick office instead of Prov. it'll be official tuesday. Then ill go to AAA and start changing the rest of the stuff
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_name-change-documents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:9c2720aa-d5df-4280-9e38-1978e3d9aa06Post:a57b04a3-8543-4bd2-b2eb-40904d7b3339">Re: Name change documents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks I went to Warwick office instead of Prov. it'll be official tuesday. Then ill go to AAA and start changing the rest of the stuff
    Posted by Eyejewel[/QUOTE]

You need your certified marriage license (after the town hall has signed it).  First stop is SSA then your driver's license.  Once these two are done, make a bunch of copies because everyone now wants both.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards