New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Yankee Announcer for Wedding?

Has anyone been able(I have google searched) to get a hold of Bob Sheppards son from the Yankees to see if he can announce wedding bridal party? I heard numerous people who have done it and I wrot eto them but no response yet just curious.

Thanks

Re: Yankee Announcer for Wedding?

• Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would absolutely LOVE that, I saw it online myself. However, my Fiance is obsessed with Bob Sheppard and we've learned that he's been very ill.  He hasn't announced in Yankee Stadium for the closing of the old stadium or the opening of the new one (Derek Jeter uses a recording of Bob for each introduction) so it's been at least two years since he's recorded for the Yanks. I believe as of a few weeks ago, he's officially left the team.

Perhaps as another option you can try to reach out to the current announcer? I'm sure a quick google search and track down his info.  Keep me updated if you hear anything from them because I would love to be able to do something like that.  If not, we may have to resort to coming into Metallica and I am really not too psyched about that, even if it's Mo's entrance song. haha
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    He retired in November. While it would be really neat to have him record that, he is almost 100 and hasn't been well for years, so he may no longer do this.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend had it done and last I heard Bob Sheppard is doing well at 99. I did a search and his son was able to have his father do it as early as last month.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i met him once. really nice guy. i would love to have this done. if anyone has the info please pass it along!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That would be so cool! Please share any info you may have!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards