Snarky Brides

Intro

Hi everyone. I'm kind of new to posting on SB, but not new to TK. FI propsed to me on Haloween last year and we will be getting married on November 3, 2013. 
 I suck at intros, so ask me anything. 
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 

Re: Intro

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_intro-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccb0b2a5-0b98-498f-bf58-f9f5e0da94cdPost:9562ffd1-db45-49db-94e5-a65ba31b7685">Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone. I'm kind of new to posting on SB, but not new to TK. FI propsed to me on Haloween last year and we will be getting married on November 3, 2013.   I suck at intros, so ask me anything. 
    Posted by MidniteRae[/QUOTE]

Nice to meet you, Midnite! And congratulations. It's nice of you to introduce yourself.

I see you're another Sunday bride... an excellent choice. And what a fun time of year to be getting married, too! My fiance and I were almost going to have a fall wedding ourselves.

Love the Ray Bradbury quote at the end. How long have you been a fan? :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_intro-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccb0b2a5-0b98-498f-bf58-f9f5e0da94cdPost:cfd9d7f9-338f-4f38-b4f5-846f22b50596">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Intro : Nice to meet you, Midnite! And congratulations. It's nice of you to introduce yourself. I see you're another Sunday bride... an excellent choice. And what a fun time of year to be getting married, too! My fiance and I were almost going to have a fall wedding ourselves. Love the Ray Bradbury quote at the end. How long have you been a fan? :)
    Posted by Wife Kitty[/QUOTE]
    Yay for Sunday weddings! <div>I have been a fan since I first read one of his books back in ~6th grade. I loved to read- and still do. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_intro-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccb0b2a5-0b98-498f-bf58-f9f5e0da94cdPost:2648ab03-b67a-484a-ac86-c8cad9539df4">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : Yay for Sunday weddings!  I have been a fan since I first read one of his books back in ~6th grade. I loved to read- and still do. 

My fiance became a fan in 6th grade too, when his teacher read the class "The Whole Town's Sleeping" for Halloween. For me, I first read "There Will Come Soft Rains" in 8th grade. Ray himself was a very sweet man whom we were lucky enough to get to know from 2007 until just before the end. We miss him a great deal.

Reading is fabulous and I do wish I had more time for it, especially lately.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_intro-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccb0b2a5-0b98-498f-bf58-f9f5e0da94cdPost:c5015bdb-9b5f-4bd1-a0ca-fce3d05404fb">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro : My fiance became a fan in 6th grade too, when his teacher read the class "The Whole Town's Sleeping" for Halloween. For me, I first read "There Will Come Soft Rains" in 8th grade. Ray himself was a very sweet man whom we were lucky enough to get to know from 2007 until just before the end. We miss him a great deal. Reading is fabulous and I do wish I had more time for it, especially lately.
    I met him at Comic-Con in SD one year. He was nice. <div>I know what you mean. I have been so busy lately, I haven't had much time to read lately. What book is next on your  list to read?</div>
  • Welcome to SB Midnite!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome Midnite! Do you have any pets or any plans for future pets? My parent's kitty is my avatar photo, though I consider her part mine. In the future H and I plan to get a great dane. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_intro-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccb0b2a5-0b98-498f-bf58-f9f5e0da94cdPost:9562ffd1-db45-49db-94e5-a65ba31b7685">Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone. I'm kind of new to posting on SB, but not new to TK. FI propsed to me on Haloween last year and we will be getting married on November 3, 2013.   I suck at intros, so ask me anything. 

My FI and I wanted a fall wedding too! Such a great time of year. But we ended planning ours for the end of June because of my school schedule. Oh well, the weather should still be very nice. You might have already answered this, so forgive me, but where are you from and where are you getting married?
  • Back again! In answer to your earlier question, the next book on my list to read is "Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey Into the Afterlife." What about the next book on your list?

Also - since you got engaged at Halloween and are planning a November 3 wedding, I take it that means there will be a Halloween / Dia de los Muertos influence? Looks like you're big fans of the spooky season. :)
  • And another thing - do you remember which year you saw Ray at the Con? If you went to his panel, then who knows; we could have bumped into each other.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_intro-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccb0b2a5-0b98-498f-bf58-f9f5e0da94cdPost:9a55aaf9-3faa-4050-a510-65de5eb73eac">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome Midnite! Do you have any pets or any plans for future pets? My parent's kitty is my avatar photo, though I consider her part mine. In the future H and I plan to get a great dane. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]
    We do not have any pets right now. There is no room to have one in our apartment. Also, the cost to have pet in our apartments is pretty high. When we get a house, we might get a dog. Not sure what kind yet. Probably a german or australian shepherd. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_intro-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccb0b2a5-0b98-498f-bf58-f9f5e0da94cdPost:b266fb3b-5d9c-47a0-a8b0-e0004f4970e7">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Intro : My FI and I wanted a fall wedding too! Such a great time of year. But we ended planning ours for the end of June because of my school schedule. Oh well, the weather should still be very nice. You might have already answered this, so forgive me, but where are you from and where are you getting married?
    Posted by jshillings1[/QUOTE]
    I am from and currently live in Arizona. We are getting married in Glendale, AZ at the Manor at Caitlin Court. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_intro-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccb0b2a5-0b98-498f-bf58-f9f5e0da94cdPost:2b526f1f-ba07-4798-a3c6-b213a631587c">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Back again! In answer to your earlier question, the next book on my list to read is "Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey Into the Afterlife." What about the next book on your list? Also - since you got engaged at Halloween and are planning a November 3 wedding, I take it that means there will be a Halloween / Dia de los Muertos influence? Looks like you're big fans of the spooky season. :)
    I am planning on reading "House of Leaves". It is one of my best friend's favorite books. I wanted there to be an influence, but nobody liked my ideas. Our wedding is going have kind of a vintage theme. I'll still be trying to incorporate the other theme where I can though-without it being too over the top. 
  • This all certainly lives up to the Snarky Bride reputation. ::eyeroll::

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards