Washington

My first (and only!) wedding! Fist pumping at the novice status...

Living in Eastern Washington provides a great chance for all seasons to showcase their strengths. I'm having my wedding in August, where unfortunately, it's the hottest time of the year. Our reception will be outside (BBQ/potluck!) where I am handling the meats/drinks, but guests will bring the sides. Since I've never done a wedding before, I'd like to know what you guys think about the following questions I have:
a) Do I table set-or not table-set for a potluck? Heck, there will be throw-away cutlery/plates/cups/tablecloths - so lowkey..I'd rather everyone have a good time finding where to sit and get their paper goods when needed....
b) My bridesmaids have solid colored dresses - whichever color of their preferences. Do you think nude shoes would work best?? (I am providing flip flops for the outdoor reception...)
c) Lemonade options: I bought, from Costco, the 3-gallon beverage dispensers (3 of them!) - I'd like to know some easy powder-mix lemonade alterations to make 2 types of flavored lemonade (the other dispenser will contain iced water with lime slices)
d) No dancing! I'm so white, I can barely move my feet, but we WILL have an iPod going with songs..suggestion of amount of songs on the iPod?
e) Picture frame centerpieces - easy, esp. for my budget. What do you think of having mini frames with black & white pics of my fiance and I as centerpieces? Maybe a bud vase included? (that means a trip to IKEA! - YESSSSS!) Easy to place on table and no real "work" required...

Thanks so much!! :)

Re: My first (and only!) wedding! Fist pumping at the novice status...

• I have NEVER planned a wedding but Ive been a bridesmaid 3 times within the last year! So i may be able to help!

A.) I would just decorate the table. It sounds free so people will be moving about. I would put all utensils and plates near food. If you want to be a little formal I would put a nice napkin in front of each chair.

B.) If you want there shoes to match eachother why not give a small matching accessory to all of them? Like if they each have a different colored dress maybe a black sash and black shoes? They look semi coordinated and I bought my sash for 7$.

D.)  When it comes to music its down to 2 things. How long is the reception and are you ok with repeats? My girls and I HATE repeats and love to (omg remember when we first heard this song) So for about 4 hours Id say to be safe have about 80 songs. A song is about 3min long. So thats about 60 songs i think.

E.) When it comes to centerpieces thats ALL YOU LADY lol. My bestfriend filled HUGE martini glasses with fresh cranberries. Shes a bartender. My centerpeices consist of wood. We are avid hikers. If you want to add something cheap maybe shop ebay for mirros to go under. Black and white confetti to go around.

No perhaps you noticed I skipped C lol. I LOVE C.

*Six things Punch*

1 (46 fluid ounce) can fruit punch 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate 1 (6 fluid ounce) container frozen grape juice concentrate 6 cups cold water 3 cups ginger ale 1 blood orange, cut into rounds (It makes it pretty lol)

Sparkling Punch

2 lemons

3 large  oranges 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate 1 liter club soda 2 (750 millir) bottles sparkling apple cider 1 tablespoon white sugar 2 trays ice cubes

If youre going alcohol omit some soda and add champagne, It still makes it sparkling. Make sure you mark the jars of course lol. You will also want to account for the ice because it will water down the juices.

Hope and helped!!
    Congrats!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards