Military Brides
Options

Eloping and then paperwork, needing some help!

Me and my Airman are eloping August 19,2010 in Salt Lake City, UT. He isn't taking any leave, just getting two days off. Therefore, we are eloping in the morning and then going straight to the base to start filling out paperwork. I was wondering what all paperwork on base we'd have to fill out exactly. We will already have all of our paperwork for the wedding license and everything done. We just need some information on the paperwork for me to become his dependant I believe. Anyway, any advice/information would be helpful.

Re: Eloping and then paperwork, needing some help!

• Options
    sheppard12sheppard12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome. Thanks for the information. Do you know if he could get any paperwork done early/written out and then when I get up there and we elope, finish filling it out?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Caution: Don't enroll in Tricare if you have your own insurance and like it!  Tricare is very restrictive as to which doctors you can use (and if you live in Dallas-Fort Worth, there are going to be very few).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, it's not required that you go to an Air Force base to get enrolled in DEERS. Any military base (Army/Navy/Marine Corps/Air Force/Coast Guard) that has a DEERS/RAPIDS office can enter you into the system.

To locate your nearest RAPIDS facility, you can go to this link and do a search:
    http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/owa/home

Be sure to call ahead and see if an appointment is required. If so, I suggest scheduling one, if time is that big of an issue.

Welcome to the world of 'hurry up and wait'!!
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards