Just Engaged and Proposals

Newbie here. Just got engaged a week ago

Hello everyone. I am new to the boards. New to the Knot as well. Still on cloud 9. A few weeks back my best friend told me she was having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirt and asked me to take a day off of work to go to NYC with her. I had no more time saved up for a day off but she was really in a slump (so I thought) and I really needed a day off so I said why not lets go. Its always been a dream of mine to see NYC at Christmas. My boyfriend kept urging me to go when he found out that she asked me (little did I know they were in cahoots). I thought he needed a day off from me lol. So we did our planning and I booked my train ticket from my city to hers to meet up and then we would head to NYC. My goal was to finally get to skate at Rockefeller. The morning came and my boyfriend was driving me to the train station and said "i have a surprise for you" he handed me two tickets to ice skate. Said it was my Christmas present. I was so excited. I met up with my best friend and we continued on our journey to NYC and had such a wonderful day in the city taking in the sites and attractions. Our tickets to skate had a set time on them so I wanted to make sure we would arrive on time. All the while I thought my boyfriend was back home with my kids getting them ready for school and their holiday play, little did I know he was asking their permission to marry their mom and telling them they were going to be going with him to NYC that oafternoon. So the time came for my best friend and I to go ice skating and I had the time of my life. The weather was in the high 50's, no rain, beautiful lights. Just perfect. When our session ended my best friend asked to take our time getting off the ice. Just then I heard an annoucnement over the loud speaker to turn our attention to the center of the ice for a special event. Next thing I knew a very special song came on and my boyfriend was coming across the ice skating towards me. He grabbed my hand and pointed out that my father and my children were there (so I knew everyone was safe and nothing was wrong). He then brought me to the cent of the ice, threw rose petals all around and got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. What an amazing , perfect surprise. If you have read this far- thank you :) So excited to start planning our wedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WBS6R5REw4&hd=1

Stephanie
Proud 36yr old Mama of 3, expecting #4 - 8yrs after #3 :)BabyFetus Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newbie here. Just got engaged a week ago

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards