Iowa-Des Moines

MOH Help

My "MOH" happens to be my brothers fiance. They got engaged two months after we did, and I already chose her as my MOH. Now Im having regrets. Trying to plan two weddings in the same family and having her as my MOH is too much. It seems they are always trying to "one up" my wedding. They have a much larger budget than we do and that really doesnt bother me. The thing that bothers me is when my wedding gets put down. To sum up a long story, she has helped me pick out bridesmaid dresses and said they were wonderful, however when (I am also one of her bridesmaids) and when we went to try on dresses for her wedding she refered to the dresses we picked out for my bridesmaids  as hidious.

Little comments like this are happening all the time and are really starting to get at me, I dont even want to share anything about my wedding with her. I also think it is kind of rude I had her picked as my MOH and she said she wasnt sure who her MOH was which is fine. I found out she picked one of her other friends as her MOH when we were at the bridal shop by accident, not from her.

Would it be appropraite for me to ask her to step down or just refer to her as a bridesmaid?

Re: MOH Help

• edited December 2011
    I think it would be a good idea to ask her to step-down and just be a bridesmaid. Tell her that you are worried that you don't want to put to much strain on her while she is trying to plan her own wedding. I'm sorry that your MOH isn't respecting your wedding and giving snide little comments to you. It just shows how petty she really is. I hope that you find a new MOH that is more understanding and helpful to  you on your big day. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    i would say try to let them slide. she IS going to be your sister for life so she is a great person to have as a MOH if you are close! I know that her comments are rude (seriously rude) but asking someone to step down from your wedding party is a big no-no. if anything, just talk to her and say you know first hand how stressful it is planning a wedding and you would completely understand if she would rather just be a bridesmaid in yours. Give her the out with out asking her to step down... good luck!!
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • edited December 2011

I've had the same problem with my SIL. She was completely rude and mean for awhile, I tried with her and it got me no where so finally I just decided to tell her she can't be in the wedding at all. She was my friend and she's how I met her brother, but it was too much. What it came down to was 1.) it's my day and I want to be surrounded by the women I love and respect and know they do too. 2.) I don't want to have to be constantly worried about walking on eggshells and trying not to make her grumpy (shes great when shes not moody but shes moody 85% of the time and it takes nothing to set her off). I had finally had enough of it when she was arguing with me about my bridesmaids dress colors... I had changed the colors of the wedding altogether and the previous color didnt go with anything... It was all extremely frustrating. My FI, MIL and FIL all agreed that if I told her I didnt want her in the wedding anymore they'd understand. I took a few days and really thought about it and finally told her. Of course she was upset about it but I did it in the nicest way possible and didn't accuse her of anything. I just left it with why do you want to be in my wedding if this is the way you feel towards me? If it's solely because you want to be in your brothers wedding, I'm really sorry but I just don't want to do it. Not on that day, any other day is fine, but not my wedding day...

Wedding Countdown Ticker Andy & Erin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards