Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Coffee Bar

Is anyone doing a coffee / cappuccino bar?

We're going to do a traditional cake, then about an hour and a half later bring out a candy bar, maybe have brownies / cookies on the candy bar as well.

I can't decide if the coffee / cappuccino bar would be used enough to warrant the cost.  I love coffee at any time of day, so while I would like it, I'm not sure if it would get steady use.

Is anyone using one, or has been to a wedding that had one?

Re: Coffee Bar

• anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I had coffee, cocoa and milk available the entire time and most of the older people seemed to hit the coffee as soon as cake was served.  I think it is a reasonable thing to do.
  • LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have any older guests, they will drink coffee with anything, especially dessert. Every wedding that I have been to has served regular coffee that the majority has consumed for the entire duration of the reception. It depends largely on your guests. We're planning to go a little more elaborate and serve espressos, mochas, Italian sodas, etc, which most of our guests will drink, but we will have it available at the beginning of the reception for those who want it and most companies we talked to said they will not charge extra to stay to the end, so we are going that route. That works out for us since we have a number of older guests on the guestlist who won't drink sodas or alcohol.
  • MrsCross2BMrsCross2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The coffee bar was a huge hit at a few weddings I have been to recently.  In my area (of southern Delaware) we have a rather large mennonite population and alot of my girlfriends have dry weddings and do coffe bars instead of regular bars.  We're drinkers, but Fiance and I thoroughly enjoyed these dry weddings because they had the coffee bar to sub for the absence of alcohol.  I think if you play it up as a 'coffee bar', people will really get a kick out of it. 
  • ckrammckramm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is your candy bar vendor?
  • jaeger 1jaeger 1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What did you all offer on your coffee bar?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards