New York-Hudson Valley
Options

I'm excited now!

So, I was bummed a few days ago, and wrote on a post how I was bummed, and not really feeling the wedding plans. Now that Christmas has come and gone, I am excited, and I have motivation! I have been surfing the net for the past 4 days now, and really came up with some inspiration! I am going to let my girls know via email after I am finished with this post!
I have decided on my color scheme! And I owe it all to this cake!
http://www.polyvore.com/fleur_de_lis_wedding/set?id=23886211
Its going to be burgundy, black and white colors. I picture this:

Burgundy (like wine color) table linens, ivory roses for the centerpieces, the BM's in black dresses with burgundy accessories, and then I was thinking MOH in Burgundy dress with black accessories, their bouquets will be ivory and burgundy roses. The ushers and bestman in black tuxes with burgundy vests, an ivory boutonniere, and my fiance in a black tux with ivory vest and burgundy boutonniere. Flower Girl in an ivory dress with burgundy trim (if we can find one!) Myself in white or ivory, of course, with an ivory bouquet.

I'm also thinking of incorporating some kind of wine theme. I love the corks as place card holders. Im excited. I hope my girls like the idea! My FI is onboard! Yippy!

Re: I'm excited now!

• Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See the littlest things spark inspiration! I  love the pic you posted and the direction you're going in. Keep it up, girl!
  • Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_im-excited-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:7d8af0b4-1762-47b4-bfcf-f4046d3ce850Post:4b27bb8f-af0b-4b67-abe0-52f321283973">Re: I'm excited now!</a>:
    [QUOTE]See the littlest things spark inspiration! I  love the pic you posted and the direction you're going in. Keep it up, girl!
    Posted by BellaSposa223[/QUOTE]
    This exactly!!!1<div>
    </div><div>Told you after the holidays u would get ur butt in gear =)</div>

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am going to a bridal expo this Sunday, and I hope even to spark more interest! I told the girls (Bm's and MOH) my vision. Only one of the bridesmaids said she didn't want to wear black, and told me that when I look back at the pictures, people will think more "Funeral than wedding". I disagree about this. I told her I have seen plenty of pictures of black dresses for the bridal party! She's just going to need to deal with it! LOL. I am not changing my mind!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was our color scheme!!!!

It's beautiful!!!

Congrats!!!

Yup, sometimes the smallest deatils can spark interest! Glad you found the motivation!

Have fun and happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Color scheme is GORGEOUS! Love it!!!!! Very classy and elegant!  Its such a great feeling when you get that spark of inspiration, happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I am so excited! The more I think about it, the more iI can envision it. Who knew... all from a cake! Thanks for all of your support!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards