December 2012 Weddings

Need help with time of day

Ladies I need some opinions please.  Up until this weekend, my fiance and I had plans to get married on an Island (destination wedding), just us two with no family or friends.  We now have decided that we would like to have family and close friends attend our ceremony.  So we have decided to get married at our home, we have a judge coming to conduct the ceremony.  We are getting married on 12/12/12 which is a Wednesday and have reservations to hop on a plane the next day to go to our honeymoon (we pushed everything back one day.  We were planning on marrying on 12/12/12 anyway).  We will have about 25 people at the house and will probably have something catered.  Is it weird to do it around 1:30 and then do a catered (late) lunch?  People missing work is not a problem as they will gladly take the day off.  My concern is that since we are leaving early the next day, I'd like to keep it somewhat tame.  What would you do?  Would you enjoy a short ceremony during the day, would you be put off by it?  We are both a bit older so this is mostly family and just a handful of really close friends. 

Re: Need help with time of day

• I would say have it in the evening 630pm and do not provide alcohol. During the day is hard for people and as you said work is not an issue, I feel like you will find that it will be. 
  • saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Nothing wrong with a short ceremony during the day, if that's what's best. If you do it around 1:30, I'd assume everyone has had lunch and do heavy horderves and maybe some cocktails.

I think since it's small, there would be nothing wrong with doing it in the evening, I don't think it'd get out of control, especially if you're doing more of a dinner thing, no dancing. I disagree wtih PP- provide alcohol (unless you're against drinking or for whatever reason don't want any),  since it's a weekday, I don't thik I would be so concerned about it being tame, at least in my circle, most of us would drink some, but not stay late because we have to work the next day. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually really like afternoon weddings, I think it gives you some private time with the honey. If your guests are already planning on taking the day off, which it seems like they are, I would do what PP said. Lots of lunch style appetizers (mini grilled cheese and tomato soup, quiches, crab cakes, etc) and maybe wine or mimosas? I would include cocktails, but that's only because my family is Hispanic and would be appalled if there was no liquor at a wedding. It's your wedding, do what you please. I'm sure your guests will just be happy to be there since you were going to exclude all guests in your initial plans.  
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards