Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Candy Buffet Brides

What are you/did you use for the take home bags/boxes? We are still trying to figure something out. We were planning on doing the take-out boxes but were wondering if we needed to get a lot more candy than we planned on because the boxes are pretty big (even the little ones).
Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image

Re: Candy Buffet Brides

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do a candy buffet, but what about little celophane bags with pre-cut ribbons to tie them with?  I know Michaels sells them.
  • zephyr_mariezephyr_marie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing take-out boxes as well, but until I actually get them... I'm not sure exactly how much candy will fill them or how much we'll need. I ordered the mid-sized boxes to accomodate larger sized candy - like mini snickers, things like that.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using cello bags. We chose the ones with the lace print on them.
    http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=18881

• edited December 2011
    We bought the cello bags from papermart.com as well.  I got the plane ones.  I am making stickers to put on them that have a thank you message of some sort.  I also got white twist ties to use to close them. 
    304image 156image 42image 106image RSVP Date October 29, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing white favor bags from Michaels (they were $9.99 for 100 but then we had a 40% off coupon :) ) and stamping them with our monogram.
  • samatsonsamatson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using the cello bags with stickers on the front and black/pink twist ties--I think they are the perfect size and they were cheap too. There are pics in my bio...
  • jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered ours from U-line:

• edited December 2011
    organza bags with a drawstring from Michaels are 50 for $19.99, but you can use a coupon.  the bigger candy like suckers and candy sticks stick out the top, but still make it easy to close and carry.
  • edited December 2011

Glerup-Revere has some good packaging options, too.  The only downside is that you have to order in bulk.  They've got bags as well as clear boxes in many different sizes.  I've had pretty good luck with using their products for my chocolate/candy business during the holidays.

• edited December 2011
    I plan on doing a candy buffet too - was going to get the exact same take-out boxes as jtothelee :-)

On a somewhat related note --anyone want to loan me their candy buffet setup (for $$ of course) for my Nov 13, 2010 wedding? I can't figure out how to lug those things from MD to MN..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got take-out boxes from Cudge.net and put our motif/names/date on a circular sticker.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    TriSaratops- My setup will be available- It isn't anything super extravagant- I just started collecting. I have about 5 huge apothocary jars and scoops.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards