Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

invite singer/music person to rehearsal/ reception?

i realize i need to invite the priest to the rehearsal dinner and the reception, but what is the equitte on the singer and piano player from the wedding ceremony?
Do I  have to invite them to the rehearsal dinner since it is right after the rehearsal?  i have never meet them and only spoke to them once on the phone. the church suggested them, so they might be out of place with my family........any input?
what is the equitte about the reception? i won't be able to, but i just want to know the equitte. my reception can only hold 60 people max, so i have no room to invite 4 more (singer and piano player plus dates).

Re: invite singer/music person to rehearsal/ reception?

• Options
    edited December 2011

No you don't You are not breaking any etiquette rules by not inviting them.

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I believe anyone attending the rehearsal is invited to the RD.  So I say yes to the RD and no to the reception.  I didn't invite my musicians to the reception.  I didn't have them at my rehearsal but if I would have, I would have invited them.

They will probably decline the invitation anyway.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out an Emily Post book fromt the library. She is old school, but will be very helpful in your quest to make sure you are following procedure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kinda more just wondering what you ladies are doing and your opinions more than i'm truly worried about traditional equitte, i guess.... especially since i'm not from here.
    my first wedding was very big and i had plenty of room, didn't need rsvp's and the singer was invited to the rececption and actually sung a song for us, as a gift. we sort of knew him in a round about way, or at least my mom did... that was back in 1996 too. but i just don't have the space for 4 more this go round!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Then I wouldn't worry about it. The only persons we invited to the rehearsal dinner was our Deacon and his wife, and they declined. No one else that assisted with the rehearsal was invited. Nor were they invited to the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards