Military Brides
Options

Life would be easier with a handbook...

I just sent FI an email saying that the Navy should have a "Now that you're a Navy Wife" handbook....

I have the most random questions this week....Trying to plan the wedding while he is out, rushing through stuff when hes in, emailing a bazillion times a day when hes out etc etc is crazy lol - If we had handbooks that our FIs could give us when the propose, that would make all of our lives easier....

Maybe one day I will write "The Military Wife Survival Guide" lol

Re: Life would be easier with a handbook...

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There is a book called Married to the Military.  It is a great book with a ton of info in it.  See if you can find it.  Also, go over to the Military Nesties board over on The Nest.  Find me or a few other ladies.  We have buttons in our siggies that will link you to the MN FAQ page.  Tons of info there, too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lamoureux86lamoureux86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say the same thing...Married to the Military is a great book!
  • Options
    arizonateaarizonatea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also, "The Idiot's Guide to Life As a Military Spouse". Some of the info is outdated but its still pretty helpful!
  • Options
    K&JChristieK&JChristie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay i was a military dependent for my entire childhood and part of my teens. I know all about the moving and seperation from a family memember alot. Currently my fiance' is deployed and some days I go crazy without him home.... is it going to be alot different now that Im going to be a spouse rather than a dependent child? Are there things we will get used to? I definitly need a handbook!
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your best way to learn is through experience.  You can hear from all different people about how to survive a deployment, and how to communicate with your FI/H during deployment and whatnot, but every person and every couple is different.  

I think the best thing to learn and come to grips with is that nothing is ever set in stone or a guarantee.  Dates change, leave changes, and many other things.  So just always know that things might change.  

Feel free to ask any questions you have on here.  There are women married or engaged to men from all branches, and also women in the military themselves.  My H is Navy so I can hopefully answer a lot of questions for you.  Feel free to ask me whatever, or PM if you ever need to. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards