Destination Weddings Discussions

Azul Beach Ressort Brides?

I am considering booking my wedding here and want to make sure I am making the right choice. I have read tons on reviews on tripadvisor.com both good and bad. My main concern is privacy and that is why I am thinking of picking this resort. It is kid friendly so my nephews can come and it has an adults only feel to it. I like that I can plan a wedding exactly like I would want at home but have the beach and sun as a back drop. I won't have to compromise having a cocktail hr, reception, dance floor or etc. What made you pick this resort?

Re: Azul Beach Ressort Brides?

• I think it's just me!  Lots of details below, but I love the resort and have not had any second thoughts about picking it.

We picked it because we needed something kid-friendly, on the East Coast of Mexico and wanted something a little smaller.  We looked at some other places, but they were was not what we wanted for a wedding.

We were able to go on a site vistit and really liked the place - it is smaller, only about 90 rooms I think (so I am not sure if the privacy is for your family as a whole or for you and your FI in particular - but you can always stay on different sides of the resort!)  There is a kids club and the woman who did the kids club was super nice - not sure how the activities were since we were there in October and the place was pretty empty.  Anyway, the food was really good (this was a big deal for me) and the service was fantastic - it is one of those places where after your first day, everyone knows you by name and what you drink.  We were on the beach one day and the beach butler can up with two Dos Equis for us - that we did not ask for! :)  The on-site wedding person is fantastic - super nice and my understanding from other brides is that he is amazing to work with once you get there.   The place is pretty small, so you get to know the people staying at the resort, but in a fun way.  Like I said, we were there when it was dead, so everyone pretty much knew everyone else taht was there - us, a few other couples and another wedding.

I will warn you that the Karisma people (the wedding people you deal with in Miami before you get there) can be a bit much to deal with - I have had no problems, but we are only having 16 guests, I care very little about a lot of things and I have seen the resort first hand, so I do not have to rely on them advice on certain things.  They have an annoying photography policy and I know that some of the stuff (like a DJ) is pretty expensive.  But, I also think that this is not just an Azul thing.  I just make sure that I have everything in writing with them and have had no problems.  Plus, EVERYONE who gets married there love it (except for that one random girl on tripadvisor!)

Feel free to email me suzannepdc at yahoo dot com and I can answer any more specific questions.  Also take a look at www.bestdestinationwedding.com - there are forums that are site-specific - there is a pretty active Azul Sentatori board, whcih has all the Azul brides on it - it has a lot of information since policies and the WC in Miami are the same.

Suzanne

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards