Kentucky
Options

Wedding Cakes in LExington, KY

So I am not sure if this has been posted before, but I haven't seemed to find much on the subject. I have no idea where to get a really good wedding cake in the lexington area. I would prefer a place that can deliver and includes a cake stand with the purchase,

I was also wondering if anyone could let me know what to expect price wise if I plan to have a wedding of 120 people. I definitely want Buttercream frosting with minimal decoration. Probably just a simple and elegant design and then usign real flowers.

I have never purchased a specialty cake in Lexington which is why any and all advice would be a huge help right now, so thank you for any posts that I get.

Have a great day!

Re: Wedding Cakes in LExington, KY

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We ordered our cake from Tinker's Cake Shop.  We saw them at a bridal show and loved their white chocolate raspberry cake.  Their price includes delivery and a cake stand.  With buttercream frosting (not fondant), their cake is $3.50 per serving. 

We're getting a three-tier cake with three flavors (white chocolate raspberry, lemon cream cheese, and dark chocolate champagne) and a groom's cake that will be vanilla bean and will look like a Chicago Cubs baseball cap.  We were thrilled when we went for our tasting.  All the flavors were amazing and we loved their designs.  They were either the same price or a little cheaper than most of the other places we looked.

Good luck!
    Getting an autograph from UK's March Madness MVP image
  • Options
    jzilljzill member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cake is from Gourmet Goodies in Nicholasville.  I'm pretty sure they only do buttercream frosting, which is delicious by the way.  I know you can rent a cake stand, but I'm not sure how much that costs.  They are $3.00 per slice I believe, and the cake is really great.  There is a butter toffee chip flavor that is awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my cake from Georgetown Ky and She is delivering and setting up in Harrodsburg KY, has been very professional and easy to work with. We will have a 4 tier cake with buttercream frosting and it was nice to have the airbrush option for design. Since my wedding isn't until Sept. Everything else I have to go by is her portfolio. One of the reasons I went with her was that she was willing to barter for part of her fee but another reason is that she experimented until she found a recipe for a particular flavor I wanted- pistachio:)
    I can also recommend Twisted Sifter in Danville, KY. They have a great reputation, lots of choice and creative, beautiful designs. I have seen them at local wedding shows so I know they deliver to Lexington. We didn't book them for the wedding but I have had many specialty cakes from there as they are a local favorite.
    I have pricing information about both somewhere and if I come across it soon I will post it if you are interested.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sugar Art by Andrea. She quoted me $3.00 per slice, but it would have been $2.50 per, had I not opted to have sugar flowers. She's an absolutely delightful woman, and her cake is oh-so-tasty. Oh, just a heads-up, at the tasting she gives you three whole cakes, so bring as many people with you as you want! You do have to give her a deposit if you want to rent a cake stand, but she gives it back to you when you return it. She's a real professional, she listened to everything I wanted and then came up with several creative ideas that were exactly in line with what I was hoping for but hadn't quite formulated-- I was looking for something simple and sweet, too. Though of course I can't make a final judgement until after the finished product, I am extremely happy with my experience with her thus far. Her website is www.sugarartbyandrea.com

Happy hunting!
  • Options
    abb623abb623 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all very much for the ideas! I can't wait to look into them.
  • Options
    abb623abb623 member
    edited December 2011
    Wow I just looked at Tinker's Cakes and I am so excited to go talk to them further! I love the look of their cakes in their Gallery. Thank you very much adunn09! I will still look into the other ideas too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just saw this post, but we are using Donut Days.  They only do buttercream, and their prices were the best around.  We are getting a 3 tiered cake for $325.  They only offer pretty basic flavors, but it was perfect for us since I didn't want to spend over $400 on a cake. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to pop in and say this thread was very helpful to me, too. I really need to get the cake part out of the way, and these are some places I hadn't heard of.

So thanks all! Laughing
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cake schmake why go with cake when you can have 10+ different flavors of cupcakes from BabyCakes!!!  This is the one thing that my honey has not stopped talking about since we did the tasting...$22 per dozen and I think there's a 10% discount on top of that...think about it...no renting extra plates and extra silverware and you don't have to pay someone to cut your cake!  Did I mention most of her ingredients are organic?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards