Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

NWR-ideas for a 21st birthday for someone in AA

Hi girls!
One of my friends has been sober from all substances including alcohol since May. It was her 21st birthday today and she is super bummed about being in bed my 11pm on her birthday because no one seemed to know how to celebrate it. I live an hour and a half away so I wasnt able to be there today but I really want to take her out on the town the weekend on the 8th. Does anyone know of any fun unique restaurants/events/ etc. in or near the cities? Thanks!

Re: NWR-ideas for a 21st birthday for someone in AA

• aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Why not make it a girls day with her and go get pedicures/manicures/a massage whatever, then go somewhere fun for dinner - I know for my FSIL's birthday because she turned 20 the same day as one of her best friend's turning 21 we took her to the MOA and went and made her almost do a fashion show with some of the awesome dresses they have in some shops and then we went and found "granny" clothes and she modeled those as well - We had SO much fun and were laughing so hard.
    Just make it a fun time - if you're having a good time she is bound to have a good time as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Annie, just make it a girls day & do whatever the two of you enjoy to do!  Just because it's her 21st, doesn't mean it has to be all about drinking & whatnot.  Although I know it typically is, I would just look at it as any other birthday for her & do something fun with or for her!  = )
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could go to Fogo De Chao for dinner - that is an event in itself!  Otherwise, hit a comedy show or see if anything good is running at the (live) theaters maybe?  I've always wanted to do one of those historic segway tours and that wouldn't involve any booze -  not even the hint of it!
  • MrsBassPlayaMrsBassPlaya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_nwr-ideas-21st-birthday-someone-aa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:73768301-0194-4645-90e3-85e83463e771Post:f43638d9-022c-41ba-8881-3617ce222643">Re: NWR-ideas for a 21st birthday for someone in AA</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could go to Fogo De Chao for dinner - that is an event in itself!  Otherwise, hit a comedy show or see if anything good is running at the (live) theaters maybe?  I've always wanted to do one of those historic segway tours and that wouldn't involve any booze -  not even the hint of it!
    Posted by wittyschaffy[/QUOTE]

<div>Um... I love everything about this post!  Fogo is so good.  Pricey, but good.  I think comedy shows are fab.  And I have to be partial to the Segway tours.  Although that's another pricey thing.  But, if you tell us it's her birthday, she gets a free t-shirt!</div>

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I agree with witty! Go to a nice restaurant that is almost a show in itself! Fogo De Chao, The Melting Pot, Benihana, etc. Some where where you can have fun, 'play' with your amazing food, and chat!
  • Mejacoby0590Mejacoby0590 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I was going to go to the "mystery dinner show" but it was like $70 a person for a ticket! I just really want her to know she can still have fun being sober.
  • edited December 2011
    I think a comedy show would be fun! Go shopping in uptown and go to Chino!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards