Flowers
Options

The Blues on being Matchy Matchy

I fell in love with a bridesmaid dress from impression bridal, style 1738, and chose to go with the color "peacock".  It is a very fun dress, I discovered after trying it on myself, however, I hadn't considered what type of flowers would match!! Now I absolutly adore hydrangeas, and need to incorporate them as a primary flower into my wedding however, as we all know, hydrangeas come in a more pale blue versus an aqua, pool, peacock color.  Would it really look terrible if my blues did not completely match, or is this something I could get away with? I also thought of having my 6 maids bouquets be primarily white, and have mine with a hint of blue hydrangeas, would this match? The reception also has the same blue on the napkins, and bows on the back of the chairs, do you feel the hydrangea would still work there also?

Here is a picture for reference of the COLOR of the dresses:www.islandwearhawaii.com/store/images/solid_aquablue_TY.jpg" alt="" width="296" height="300" />

Thank you so much!!!

Re: The Blues on being Matchy Matchy

• Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I think it looks better when the flowers are not the same color as the dress.  They stand out better if thre is some contrast. 

The light blue hydrangeas will look nice, a darker blue delphenium, all white, a mix of pale blues and greens, a mix of spring colors, or more vivid tropical colors like hot pink and orange. 
  • Options
    gaharvardgaharvard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Catwoman. The pale blue hydrangeas would blend nicely.  I have alse seen peacock feathers incorporated into the centerpieces.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards