Arizona-Phoenix

Just starting out planning and want advice

Hi I am just starting my planning.  My wedding will be in only a few months so I need lots of help.  I am thinking I will get a planner to help but not full planning.  I need help finding vendors and everything else.

Would love to get some references

Re: Just starting out planning and want advice

• edited December 2011
    Hi and congrats!

Where/when is your wedding? How many people are you expecting? That should be your starting point.

Are you looking for an indoor/outdoor ceremony/venue or both?

I'm getting married in Sedona, and a lot of the venues up there cater to smaller weddings and flexible budgets.  I know a lot of the other girls on here have great recs for Phoenix as well.
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your wedding is only in a few months, the first thing you need to figure out is your budget, and then how many guests you would like to invite.  Start calling up your parents and FI's parents for their guest lists.  If your wedding is going to be small, give them a limit right away.  This was my mistake haha! FI's parents insisted that hey had less than 20 people, but their list is bigger than mine, FI's and my parents.

To determine your budget, the knot has a nice tool that breaks down how much you should spend on everything.

Find and book your ceremony and reception venues.  We can help you there.  We know the ins and outs of just about every venue haha!

Next you need to find your dress.  Sometimes dresses take forever to arrive, and you might have to put a rush on it.  There are lots of bridal shops around the valley, but be careful, because some of them have gone out of business recently.  Make sure you purchase with a credit card and read the fine print.

If your wedding is less than 6-9 months away, then figure out who your attendants are going to be, and ask them.

I don't have any wedding planner recs, but I know some of the ladies have used some.
    Photobucket
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and welcome to the board!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! 
    I second Nilla's overall comments. 
    My wedding is in March.  Here are my vendors.
    Citron Sound Services (Jim Davenport is awesome!!!)
    Brides for Brides Photography (beautiful pics, professional & so nice!!)
    Enchanted Florist-floral

For a wedding coordinator, I would suggest Regina Osgood at Meant 2 Be Events...she is reasonably priced/has alot of contacts.  I didn't go with a planner until 3/4 of the way through the process, which looking back was not the best idea!  I could have used Regina from Day 1. She is doing my day of coordination and is such a sweetie!  Great ideas too.
    Her website: http://www.meant2beevents.com/
  • ChristinaT13ChristinaT13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were on a super low budget, so I'll just throw out who we know of.  haha

We actually have a vendor page on our photography wesite of people we used for our wedding.  We did a lot ourselves, so it might not be a lot.  lol   Our officiant was awesome though!

http://azsphinxxphotography.blogspot.com/search/label/Vendors

We got married at a hotel, but they were super nice and helpful.  If you call Yvonne might be able to recommend someone other vendors too.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxgi-residence-inn-phoenix-glendale-sports-and-entertainment-district
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards