Virginia

Tom Sanderson Photog?

Hey girls!
I am a Baltimore bride, but stumbled across Tom  when looking at photos of my venue in Baltimore, MD. I know he is VA based but continues to do some work in my area. I wanted to know if anyone has met with him , or had any experiences with him?  I figured I would post over here since most of the girls on my local board prob. have not heard of him.
He is coming to MD to meet with another bride so I will likely be meeting with him but wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with him.

Thanks!!

Re: Tom Sanderson Photog?

• edited December 2011
    I tried to arrange a meeting with Tom...after several emails, we set up a Sunday afternoon appointment to meet.  That Sunday morning he emailed me and said he had eaten some bad chicken while photographing a wedding the night before and had food poisoning and needed to reschedule.  He did not include any dates or times he could get together, so I emailed him back that afternoon with multiple dates, times and a choice of either meeting in Lynchburg or Charlottesville (whichever worked best with his schedule).  I never heard another thing from him.

Personally, I found the "bad chicken" excuse to be a little suspect and was more than a little irritated that he wasn't professional enough to try to set up another meeting. I was disappointed because his pictures are beautiful, but finding a reliable photographer is super important...what if he "ate some bad chicken" the day before my wedding??

Good luck to you!  I hope, if you do end up working with him, that he turns out to be reliable :-)
  • beccastu06beccastu06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    VERY similar experience!!  love his work but he's unreliable and very full of himself, in my opinion.  he got in a fender bender on the way to our engagement pic session in september (also in the charlottesville area), and took almost 4 days to let us know anything!!!   i expressed my concerns, and his knee-jerk reaction was to refund our deposit and tell us to find another photographer...which was fine with me because his behavior was pretty ridiculous.  i feel like photography is one of the most important parts (vendors) of wedding planning, and what if he didn't show up on the wedding day?  not a risk we were willing to spend $3,000 on!!  eeek!!  anyway we found another wonderful (and cheaper) photog and we love her to peices.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow- not the responses I wanted but thanks girls!
    I thought his work was amazing and his packages were very well priced for including albulms. But I may have to pass on this one because I have only gotten these two poor responses and can't find any other feedback which makes me way to nervous.
  • edited December 2011
    I know, I was disappointed too because he does beautiful work...but there are other fantastic photographers out there who are reliable!  The pictures are what you'll have to remember everything after the wedding is over and you've forgotten every little detail!  They are super important :-)  I don't know any photographers in Maryland, but check out www.wpja.com. You can search by area and you'll find lots of options in lots of different price ranges.  It's good you're starting your search early, since the good ones tend to get booked up quickly!  Good luck!  You'll find someone great!
  • vbbride2010vbbride2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met him at a bridal show when I was very first planning and he seemed very cocky and uninterested- which was good because he was confident in his photography, but I want someone who is going to care. I was VERY put off by him! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards