Alabama
Options

engagement party help

ok so I know that we are not sopposed to be planning all of the pre-wedding stuff but I am the first one in my family to go "all out" with the wedding stuff and my family has no clue on what to do so we are having to plan it and just tell my family what to do. So with that being said who all do you invite to the engagement party? and are you sopposed to invite the pastor and his wife to some of these partys?  
Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: engagement party help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I did not have an engagement party.  But in general, anyone invited to any pre-wedding parties has to be invited to the actual wedding.  Your best bet is to keep the e-party guest list very small - like immediate family only.  With 11 months to go, you really should not have a bridal party picked yet, but if you've already done that, invite them as well.  That's it.  Also, gifts are not given at an engagement party, and it's actually best to put something like "gifts not expected" or "your presence is your present" at the bottom of the invitation.

The pastor should really only be invited to the rehearsal dinner, unless he happens to be your uncle or something.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have an engagement party sorry not much help....but I agree with PP.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards