Wedding Reception Forum

Theknot.com Seating Chart

I am using the seating chart and I am wondering... are the dimensions for the room measured in feet or inches?

Re: Theknot.com Seating Chart

• Although I don't know the answer to your questions, TK is very unreliable. Make sure you have another copy saved somewhere.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Agree with Hoboken!  There are always glitches on TK's stuff!  I honestly found it easier to do my seating chart with a pencil and paper. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I used TK's seating chart applicaiton but always saved it on my actual computer to be safe when I made changes.

Don't worry about the dimensions on the app so much. Talk to your venue and ask them how many tables you can put in one "row" comfortably with room for the servers to move about.
    Anniversary
  • I'm also curious if its worth using the knot one or making a large one for my dining room table with the names on little sticky tags so i can move people as needed until its all figured out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You should practice with the knot one, since it will change as you finalize your guest list and receive rsvps. Then once you have it down, transfer it to a hard copy.

On a similar note, does anyone know how to split up parties on the knot seating chart application? I want my bridesmaid to sit at the head table with me, not with her husband.

Anniversary

• Thanks ladies! I found it much easier to just use a pencil and paper. I will go to the venue in person to figure out how many tables can fit in the layout we have and then I will just draw the layout on a piece of paper.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_theknotcom-seating-chart?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:be09a7f8-b54e-44b8-8e35-e48d39fdcf08Post:faf1141d-22da-4ad1-9afb-e47bafdcc282">Re: Theknot.com Seating Chart</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should practice with the knot one, since it will change as you finalize your guest list and receive rsvps. Then once you have it down, transfer it to a hard copy. On a similar note, does anyone know how to split up parties on the knot seating chart application? I want my bridesmaid to sit at the head table with me, not with her husband.
    Posted by Dreamergirl8812[/QUOTE]

On the right hand side, next to the diagram, there's the list of people.  Next to the couples, there's a little icon that looks like a circle above another circle with a line connecting them.  If you click on it, it will un-link the names, so you can move them about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards