Alabama

Warning - Don't use this videographer in Huntsville, AL

All,

I used Pinnacle Video out of Huntsville.  Don't use him.  It's awful.  The guy that owns it is Brian Pitts (I'm telling you that because he has multiple businesses and he could always change his company name.)
Anniversary

Re: Warning - Don't use this videographer in Huntsville, AL

• edited December 2011
    What was wrong?
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Where to start ...
    - He came to rehearsal to see the church but instead of bringing a camera and doing some test runs, he talked to anybody and everybody he could.  Usually about how awesome he is.
    - For the aisle, he put a still camera but the still camera cut off the heads of the grandparents and parents.  Then once the groomsmen came out and stood in their place, the camera was blocked.  (Both of these could have been avoided by paying attention at rehearsal and actually trying stuff out.)
    - Another still camera never turned on - he said it was brand new and he hadn't tested it yet.
    - By the statement above, he didn't get my bridesmaids, nor my dad and I, walking down the aisle from the front.  He only got us from one shot and that was on the balcony from behind.
    - He got the groom's parents lighting the unity candle but not my parents.  They lit their candle right after my husband's parents did ...
    - The sound is poor.
    - The video quality is poor.
    - The editing is awful.
    - He and 2 others filmed for 8 hours but the video is only an hour and half long with  55 minutes of it being our ceremony, which was a Catholic Mass.
    - They didn't get the beginning of our first dance.  This I don't understand.  It was right after the cake cutting and he had a copy of the schedule.  He tells me his "new guy" turned off his camera but I don't understand what happened to the other cameras.
    - The camera guys showed up dressed casual.  Seriously - the "new guy" was in a hoodie!!!!  Our ceremony started at 1:00, the reception started at 2:30, seated dinner at 5:30, the reception didn't end until midnight.  We're Yankees - the wedding takes all day and night - our friends and family expected it.  Why would you wear a hoodie to a wedding?!
    - I just got the video last week.  Our wedding was in January.  Before the wedding and since this guy has had so much going on his life.  Every time I contacted him, he'd tell me that he had just gotten out of the hospital - usually because of car accidents or he'd say the doctors messed up. 
    - The editing is awkward.  It starts off with more than 5 minutes of our guests just sitting in the church ... sitting, sitting, and more sitting.  Then he included a shot of one of my bridesmaid's fixing her bra in the room ... ?!!!!!!!!! 

It just makes me want to cry.  Thank goodness both of our families have better sense of humor and we've now made it into the family comedy.  Absolutely horrid.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards