South Carolina-Charleston

Weather-Spring Weddings in Charleston

Hello everyone, I am in desperate need of help! I am trying to plan a wedding next April or May but have had a horrible time trying to figure out what the best dates/weather would be. My family is coming from WA and my father has emphysema and can't have it be too humid for his breathing. The reception is outdoor at Lowndes Grove but all saturdays are taken up-we are ok with a date during the week but it seems like that is when it always rains : ) I have only lived here for a few months so any advice on the best wedding weather for april/may would be WONDERFUL! Thanks!

Re: Weather-Spring Weddings in Charleston

• DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally prefer April...its not quite humid out yet and the weather is very mild still....but not too cold people are uncomfortable. April on average also receives less rain than May....i looked it up before I booked my date...wchih is April 16, 2011 and its an outdoor wedding and reception. I would try to avoid dates around the Charleston Bridge Run...which is going to be held on April 2 in 2011.

Hope this helps!
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married April 17 and it was great-- warm, but not too warm, although by word of mouth you might let guests know that in the evening they will prob want a wrap or light jacket, if the reception is only outdoors--if you are indoors or have an indoor option, it should be fine.  GL!
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

April should be very nice.  Rain is unpredictable that time of year.  We got married March 28 (a Sunday because all the Saturdays in March were booked. I understand your pain) and early in the week that was the only day forecasted not to rain.  Well you can guess what happened - it was the only day that rained all week.  Undecided

I'd suggest booking either early April, or even late March, so that the pollen isn't too bad yet.  It doesn't start getting very humid until late May, but it's really July and August that are unbearable.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards