Ohio-Columbus
Options

Boutiques in Columbus

Hi everyone!
I'm new to the Knot and thought I would write to see if anyone had heard of an event for wedding gowns going on this weekend or in the upcoming weeks. I have family in town and I would really like to buy a designer dress but don't want to spend a fortune!! I've heard horror stories...
I received an email last night from Bella laccio in Westerville about their trunked show. Is anyone going to that event Friday night? Do gown shops only offer discounts during these shows?

Really looking forward to planning our dream day!
Stacey

Re: Boutiques in Columbus

• Options
    sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what your price range is for dresses but there are TONS of options out there. Wendy's Bridal, David's Bridal, Big Rock Little Rooster (I got my Vera there, they have amazing dresses!), Girls in White Dresses, etc etc. Seriously search the wedding vendors page in CBus and see what other options are out there. Most of the places can give you a rough estimate of costs. I know that David's Bridal has a Vera Wang line coming out sometime in 2011, but not sure of when. Just keep your eyes open for good deals and check out bridal shows for sure! I know there is one coming up in September somewhere... just can't remember when or where.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Alan Ray Bridal on Billingsley Road in northwest Columbus/Dublin/Worthington area. I know there is also Elegant Bride in Dublin, LaJune (sp?) Marie in Worthington on High Street. They all have websites, so you may want to check them out before deciding where to set up your appointments.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Bella Laccio. I would have bought my dress there (shes the only one in town that carries my designer) but she wasn't open yet. You will have a great experience there!

I bought my veil and all my accessories at Bella Laccio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went out of town to Universe Brides in West Lafeyette, OH. They had crazy good deals and a huge range of sizes and styles. I was so impressed by the quality. I thought I would have to spend at least 3k for what I'm getting and I'm spending just under 1k. They are worth checking out.
  • Options
    Ungargirl16Ungargirl16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I'm excited to get started. My sister (maid of honor) is booking all of my appointments for me (ahhh, so nice). I'm going to check out Bella Laccio's party tonight (thanks Danielle) I called and they're having a make-up artist do airbrushing! I've always wanted to get that done.  I'm not interested in David's, I'm sure they're great for some brides, but I haven't had the best experience there when I was a bridesmaid.
  • Options
    AmyChristyAmyChristy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Big Rock Little Rooster in the Short North is the best! I got my Vera Wang dress there for 30% off. It was a sample so that is why I got such a great deal but they also have trunk shows all the time. I was so stressed at other stores and Kristin made me feel so comfortable and NEVER pressured me. I love her and her staff. I highly recommend them!
  • Options
    jendet010jendet010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my gown and accessories at La Jeune Mariee in Worthington. I had been to 4 different bridal salons in 3 states and couldn't find "the one." I really clicked with Stacy and felt much more comfortable and found my dream dress. I bought a gorgeous Lea-Ann Belter gown and they worked with the designer to get to me in 4 weeks! The gowns were more expensive than David's but the quality is better, too. The service I got there was amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at La Jeune Mariee and triedon dresses at Wendy's and Alan Ray.  La Jeune Mariee was by far the best experience I had and while the prices were more so was the quality of everything.

Usually at trunk sales the designer or a rep is there to help you with dresses and they bring more samples that the store typically doesnt have.  I went to a veil trunk show and they gave a 15% discount, which I believe is typical.  GOod luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely check out universe brides (unusual junction)  http://www.auniversebride.com/ !!!  my sister got her dress there and for a great price they have a huge variety with tons and tons of designers (their website has a list) its also where i plan to get my dress. It is sort of a drive but they have a little diner on site with good food! Its nice to take the family and just make a day of it! :) 

Good luck!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have loved a Vera... My sister called them to book an appointment but she found out their pricing...they're just a little more expensive than what I'm looking to spend. They actually recommended I call the Bella laccio to check out their dresses?! I thought that was nice they told her where to go.
  • Options
    1tabbey1tabbey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought THE DRESS at Bella Laccio Bridal in Westerville. Jen was so great to work with and super sweet. She has a lot of different dresses than most of the places I went to. I was looking for something different and found my designer, Robert Bullock there. My dress just came in and fits like a glove...no alterations needed, except for my bustle.  I'm highly recommending Bella Laccio Bridal to all of my friends!
  • Options
    jenivive2jenivive2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED shopping at Bella Laccio too!  Jen is truly a great gal.  I still haven't picked my dress yet but I have 3 there that I love...I am having a hard time making a decision :)
    Siggy Challenge: Sept 2010 Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my bridesmaids dresses there! I haven't picked a wedding dress yet. I'm between a few...why is it so hard? I loved their quality though. So hard...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bella Laccio was BY FAR the best bridal gown shopping experience in Columbus.  The boutique is a hidden gem in Columbus.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I shopped at Alan Ray Bridal and Wendy's but ended up finding the perfect dress at Bridal and Formal in Cinci. I was in such sticker shock when it came to a veil and accessories that a friend told me to try The Traveling Veil. The owner was a helpful local recourse and affordable. 

I have heard good things about Big Rock Little Rooster but it sounds like they are pricey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards