Texas-Austin

Cute adorable rustic venues for a reception inside?!?

Hi!

I am getting married in January 2012 and I am having such a hard time finding a beautiful rustic venue for a reception inside.  We need it to fit 200 guests.  All of the places I have found are beautiful, but are outside venues only. I am looking for a venue in or anywhere around Austin including Bastrop etc.  Best case scenario would also allow outside catering and us to bring our own alcohol.

Please give me any ideas or suggestions! I could use all the help I could get! :)

Re: Cute adorable rustic venues for a reception inside?!?

• edited December 2011

The two that come to mind are on opposite sides of town. Texas Old Town in Kyle is known for it's rustic look. Then there is Heritage Oaks Clubhouse in Georgetown - it has a rustic feel with wood floors and exposed wood beams. Both venues let you use your own vendors and provide your own alcohol.
    http://www.texasoldtown.com/index.htm
    http://www.heritageoaksclubhouse.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Boulder Springs in New Braunfels, which is Texas Old Towns twin site. They have a large reception hall, with nice wood floors. Not Austin, but not too far away. :)
  • sgerene13sgerene13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Vista West Ranch?!?! That sounds like that we were looking for and totally found it in VWR...also check out our photographer's website (The Nichols) they have shot some amazing weddings there... hope this helps!!
  • sgerene13sgerene13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and outside catering and your own alcohol (with TABC bartender) is totally allowed...my caterer is really awesome as well - Royal Fig and they have done a lot of events out there
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Reunion Ranch in Georgetown.  Love it!
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • edited December 2011
    I second Vista West Ranch, I'm getting married there, and it's the best venue, and great people to work with. 
  • rsusonrsuson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're getting married at Texas Old Town in Kyle, specifically because of it's beautiful rustic vibe. Another good one is Memory Lane in Wimberly. It's beautiful and we almost went with it, except it was more expensive.

• megandgregmegandgreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am an event planner with Circle the Date Events in the Austin area. I LOVE Vista West Ranch. I actually recently got married there as well. The Venue is rustic and beautiful, they also offer over night accommodations. The owners are AMAZING! I have some pictures on my website of their venue.

• aggies5aggies5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok so all have convinced me...I LOVE Vista West Ranch! Thank you all soo much for all of the help and advice! Now anyone have any ideas for caterers, etc? I looked up the Royal Fig and it looks great, but kind of pricey.  I am loving how Vanilla Orchid sounds, but have never heard of any reviews. Anyone know a good caterer that won't eat away at all of the budget but still delivers amazing food?!?! :)
  • foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Star Hill Ranch
    Vista West Ranch
    Texas Old Town
  • snajdcsnajdc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, we're getting married at the Red Corral Ranch in Wimberly.  Its so beautiful, there are many sites around the ranch for the ceremony and/or reception.  They have an awesome red barn that we are having our recpetion at and it can be completely encolosed if you want indoor or you can open the doors for an indoor/outdoor feel.  The grounds are just beautiful and there is lodging on site for family/wedding party.  I highly reccommend them and the staff is soo friendly and sweet! Check it out.
    -Shan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards